cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data migration from one DEV(DE1) system to other DEV(DE2) BW system using client copy or client export import

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

HI SAP Gurus,

Please find the below details:

SAP NetWeaver 7.3

We have to copy all customized or developed BW objects like master data, DSO's , Infocubes , Reports etc.

We need only the design changes but not the data within the DSO or cubes that exist .

We have tried below procedure:

1) Taken export of DE1 source client 400 with profile SAP_CUST

2) Imported transports generated for above export into DE2 target client 350.

3) Executed transaction SCC3 and performed post processing, post processing was successful  . Still we are not able to see DSO's, infocubes ,reports.

Please lets us know what we need to do to fulfill our requirement.

Thanks,

Avadhesh

+ 91 8095226536

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How about this link ?

This says the information of transporting DSO

Kind Regards,

Jacob

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the link, as there are large number of objects available, it would very difficult for BW team to migrate these objects through transports. My question here is what are the possible ways to copy BW objects like master data, DSO's , Infocubes , Reports etc.(only structure no transactional data).

System copy(DB refresh) is one option for which we don't have sufficient memory available.

Any other option available would be helpful.

Thanks,

Avadhesh

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assume when you say memory constraint , it is RAM and not Hard disk.

To mitigate this , you can always adjust number of  processes in the operating system level for system copy.  If  SAP is hosted in a VM you can always adjust the available RAM just for the system copy and then revert it back to original .Just a suggestion

In your case I think the best way is system copy if you cannot handle the number of transports, it is straight forward and simple.

Any way all the best !

Kind Regards,

Jacob

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Why don't you transport them ?

Check this article to see how they can be transported.

http://scn.sap.com/community/data-warehousing/bw/blog/2013/10/07/how-to-manage-error-free-transports

Regards

RB

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

Thanks for your response.

We have around 800 BW transports, It will be a tedious effort to import all these transports into the system. Could you please suggest an alternate way?

Thanks,

Avadhesh

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

If you need only structure of configuration please create transports and move them across.

Other option is system copy as shared in my response above.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

Please refer to below documentation on how to perform system copy in BI systems

BI systems has mostly cross client objects. So client copy with SAP_CUST profile will not serve your purpose.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member225699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the insight.

Is there any option other  than database copy , We don't need transactional data, we only need structure as it is a DEV system. This system is very low on hardware configuration. Kindly let me know if we can use SAP_ALL profile (i think it is same as system copy with minor differences ) for client export/import.

Thanks,

Avadhesh