Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Optimization Self Service- SAP help requirement

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know whether for SAP's help is required for performing the self service of Performance Optimization.

If we collect ST12 trace and use it to perform the self service then is the report which is generated from the self service sufficient to take further action or will I need some SAP expertise to implement / take corrective actions?

In short, whether I can do the Performance Optimization by myself or I need help from SAP?

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You can do it on your won. Please refer self service KBA for this:

1634757 - Guided Self Service 'Performance Optimization'

Divyanshu

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Thanks for the answer.

Can you just brief me about it. What i understand is that I can use the 2-3 types of traces which are possible and then run the analysis on it. And then a report will be generated which will show me where more time is being taken.

Like there is a loop in the coding which is taking a lot of time. So the self- service will identify that for me and then its upto me how to optimize the code.

SAP wont be involved anywhere. Is this understanding correct?

Regards,

Vishal

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You can do investigation and may be some correction to optimized. However, corrections can be done by SAP and they have many internal tools to help you get an optimized solution. So, always better to take suggestions from SAP and get things done.

Divyanshu

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Is the service available to all the customers or only to the max attention customers?

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

We used self services quiet often, SAP never done any correction for us. they only guide what to do that is also based on the report we got via GSS, no additional tools been used for us.  because Guided procedure itself the proven methodlogy from SAP, the report provides the lots of suggestions against the SAP best practices.

you can use it yourself most of the time. if still you need expert guidance from SAP, book for EGI sessions. they called as expert guided implementations, remote support. duration might vary based on the session.

enterprise support customers can get five EGI sessions as free per year. please check

http://service.sap.com/esacademy

- click browse egis

Thanks

Jansi

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Corrections by SAP" here was in reference to delivered components.

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jansi,

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is this service available to all the customer? (by all the customers I mean "Max Attention", "Enterprise Support" etc)

2) Does the report itself gives suggestions or we need to provide the report to SAP and then they give suggestions based on the report? (is it mandatory to provide the report to SAP)

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1) Is this service available to all the customer? (by all the customers I mean "Max Attention", "Enterprise Support" etc)

i answer this above is it, from mz above reply, have you checked

enterprise support customers can get five EGI sessions as free per year. please check

http://service.sap.com/esacademy

- click browse egis

for your second question also I answered above

Does the report itself gives suggestions or we need to provide the report to SAP

here my reply above

because Guided procedure itself the proven methodlogy from SAP, the report provides the lots of suggestions against the SAP best practices.

you can use it yourself most of the time. if still you need expert guidance from SAP, book for EGI sessions. they called as expert guided implementations, remote support. duration might vary based on the session.

again, service report is the source, you have to review yourself, if you are in EGI, sap use that report for guiding. Please review

Thanks

Jansi

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi jansi,

Thanks,

I saw your reply, just wanted confirmation.

Actually you said that 5 EGIs are available to Enterprise support customers but EGI is different from the Guided Self Service it self.

So I just wanted to know that whether the GSS itself is available to all the customers (forget further analysis from SAP via EGIs).

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes GSS available for all enterprise support customers.

thanks

Jansi

Answers (0)