cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard network not creating project and WBS automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a standard network with a standard WBS assignment at BOTH header and activity levels.

I created a link to a material in CN08 with this standard network.

Assembly processing has been configured.

When creating a sales order, entering the material... the network create screen appears and the system requests a WBS element.

At this point the system should have created the WBS element.

When I insert an existing active WBS element as a test..., the system message indicates that the network is already assigned to a Std WBS element.

Why is the system not using this assignment to create a project and WBS element form the standard structure?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a test...

I've removed the linking of the material and standard network in CN08 - and the system now displayed a screen asking for standard network details.

I create the material and standard network link again in CN08 - and I'm back to the original issue of the network create screen appearing, but the WBS field is blank. The system is not generating the WBS.

So - the system is recognizing the link of the material entered in the sales order and the standard network via CN08. But its not using the Standard WBS used in the standard network AND CN08 setup....

Note: The Std WBS has the planning and  billing indicator ticked.

Once again, when creating the sales order, I get the network create screen asking for a WBS element. If I insert an existing WBS element I get the message below. The issue is - I know the standard WBS assignment exists, why isn't the system generating a new operative WBS at this point?

An assignment to a standard WBS element already exists

Message no. CN044

Diagnosis

You have created a network by copying from a standard network. The standard network is assigned to a standard WBS.
However, at the same time, you have made your own assignments to WBS elements.

System Response

When you manually make assignments to WBS elements, the system does not necessarily take the asignments in the standard stuctures into account.

Procedure

• When you call up the function replace standard WBS or when you save the network you decide whether the manually created WBS assignments or those fronm the standard structures are copied.
sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are lots of assembly process related thread so first search in forum i am sure you will get what you want by existing threads.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for the reply. I've searched and read related threads. Hence the posting of this message. I did not find an answer.