cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to caluclate cost in CJ20 for wbs and network level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query in the project Builder(CJ20N).

I created Project>WBS Elements>Network> and posted costs via assigning activity.

If I select an activity and go to edit>Costs,  the "calculate costs" option is activated.  ( I get "Message Costs were calculated: See menu Edit -> Costs -> Planned - Actual")

And also I am able to view the cost in Edit>Costs> Plan/Actual.. "Activity/Element". Please see the screenshots of Plan /actual comparison.

However if I select the WBS or Network and go to edit>Costs,  the "calculate costs" option is disabled (frozen) and also in the same path Plan/Actual> "activity/Element"  option is disabled (Frozen).

Request you to review the attached screenshot and advise is there any way to defreeze the option "calculate costs" and view the costs in WBS and Network level?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why you want to see plan cost in project builder CJ20n? any specific reason please let us know...

every structure report having this kind of feather as CN41n/CNS41 then check these two report.

and lots of hierarchical report is there for seeking plant cost in project as Gokul suggested above.

so in project builder only plan VS actual cost can be look like by network activity.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Sanjeev for your time and advice.

Regards,

Naveed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no way to defreeze the Calculate costs option for WBS/Network as this option is applicable only for the activities. Besides, in the project structure you do not plan costs directly on a WBS element.

In case you are interested in seeing the plan costs at the WBS level, i would suggest you to refer the standard hierarchical reports.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thank you. This helped me a lot.

Regards,

Naveed