cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP OData Offline support

0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I am using SUP 2.2 to develop native mobile application. Now, we are planned to go with SMP. Does SMP support offline capabilites ?

Thanks,

Dinesh

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the answer. using cache API , can store the data in offline.

Regards,

Dinesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Which SMP version you are talking about? For which platform you want to develop a native app? Latest SMP version is SMP 3.0 SP03 read this document for additional details.

SMP is re-branding of SUP only. For more info read SyBooks Online

Rgrds,

JK

0 Kudos

Hi JK,

Thanks for your reply.

We have planned on latest one (SMP 3.0 SP03) . The Native development is for Android above the Version 4.0.

By my understanding, there is no MBO support in SMP 3.0. is there any API available for storing data in offline like ultraliteDB.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dinesh,

There is support for MBOs in SMP3, only that this approach is not recommended by SAP, you have to install a mbo runtime server in SMP3

You have offline support for:

• Syclo Agentry
  • MBOs (Not Recommended)
  • OData SDK, here SMP APIs SDK only caches your OData requests. You have to manage the database handling/security in each platform project yourself
  • Kapsel (Cordova Plugins), does not provide offline capabilities, you have to use some cordova plugins to manage offline OData handling/security for each platform
  • Rest SDK, does not provide any sdk, only http api calls, but it can be integrated with a custom offline development made by yourself

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Daniel!

I have two questions:

First of all Kapsel provides EncryptedStorage Plugin. Doesn't it enable hybrid apps to work in offline mode?

Secondly, about OData SDK offline mode. You wrote: "You have to manage the database handling/security in each platform project yourself" Can you collaborate on this statement? Why would you need a database in addition to the OData SDK cache? Also, does OData cache encrypt its data?

Thanks.