cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LU04 qty should be confirmed in background..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While doing GRN wrt PO and receiving in Quality stock. TO confirmed in Interim bin and stock updated in Interim only.

After that, Through LT01, partial stock moved to Bin. Now in QA32, batch released and stock posted to both Unrestricted & Blocked stock.

In LU04, Open quantity appearing for both stock types (Blocked & Unrestricted). Manual TO confirmation done from existing bins.

If stock type is only one for the batch, Auto TO confirmation happening and no open qty in LU04.

But,

Is there any possibility of doing Auto TO confirmation for LU04 in background if single batch existing in multiple bins..??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can still enable Immediate TO Confirmation at Movement Type Level. You also have the option at Storage Type Level. If it is storage type, then, you have to untick Manual TO Confirmation not required check box.

Regards

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for ur response satish..

Immediate TO confirmation enabled for movement type level & Storage type level.

If stock exist in one bin, confirmation done in background. No open qty in LU04.

But, if stock exist in multiple bins, is there any possibility to confirm in background. In such case, there should not be any open Qty..

Can u plz suggest if any possibility..??

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Govind,

During your fist Putaway TO, when the stock is moving to Quality/Inspection Storage Type, Maintain Putaway Strategy for this Storage Type as 'Q - Dynamic coordinate as Quant'  or 'L' - Next Empty bin. Then, you will not have any issue, even, If you have stock in multiple bins.

If you wanted to test, test with fresh scenarios, not with existing stock. It works.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

I have maintained Putaway strategy as 'L' for 001 storage type. But, here issue is, Quality stock exist in Storage type-001 and Interim bin-902. Now, in QA32, if quality is released,

Auto TO confirmation done if we post to one stock type. (i.e.Either Unrestricted or Blocked).

If we post to two stock types in QA32, then open qty showing in LU04.

Please let me know, can we Transferpost the material which are interim bins (i.e., 902,920,921) as like actual bins..??? Or we must confirm the interim qty to bin before transferpost..??

And, while transferpost from WM to WM store/plant,

in receiving WM store, can we set default storage type as interim bin with TO confirmation..??

Is the above scenarios are correct..??

Bcoz, for putaway search strategy generally we assign storage type-001 only.

but, here requirement is, whenever transferpost is done, in receiving WM store, system should not propose bins. It should confirm only in interim.

Can you please help me out.. 

Govind.

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Govind,

For Non-Quality Parts, Configuring direct to 001 is fine.

For Quality Parts, The Transfer Orders will be created twice. i.e.,

1st,      PO-GR-TR-TO(TO should be going to Quality Area which is like 921 or you can define new storage type like QCA)

During this first TO creation, your Search Strategy should influence with Stock Category 'Q'  and divert to 921 or QCA Location ( for these storage Types, Maintain Stock Placement Strategy as 'L' OR 'Q' ).

After placing the stock here, Quality should take usage Decision using QA32. then against the posting change 2nd TO will be created to move the stock to actual destination. Here, your pick should again incfluence with Stock Category 'Q' to pick from 921 or QCA Location.

Then, your exepcted scenario automatically works even you have the stock in multiple bins.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for ur response Satish,

Everything is working fine unless we split the same batch to different stock types.

if stock type is only one, then confirmation happening in background.

But, if we give two stock types in QA32 (i.e.,Unrestricted & Blocked) then open qty showing in LU04.

Govind.

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope, this is the only scenario you need to consider as Exception Scenario and process manually. because, you need to manually input the quantity while creating TO. Rest all Scenarios works fine.

I suggest you to convince your client because, as this occurrence may not too frequent.

Regards,
Sathish

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hopefully, If you do not have any more questions, you can close the thread ticking completed button at bottom of respective answer box.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same i suggested the client to put manually at the time of TO confirmation..

Thank you verymuch for ur response satish..

Answers (0)