cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed at the earliest( PP, SD, MM or BW)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have done my Master of Science in Supply Chain Systems from a university in NY, and want to enroll for training in SAP, although, I have a difficult deciding the module I should go for. My background permits me to learn PP and MM. I am also looking at SD and BW.

I do not want to make a decision based solely upon my background here because I am not keenly interested in making a career in Supply Chain systems. Will it then be best for me to learn BW?

I also wanted to know as far as the job market is concerned , which module has the most demand and jobs out there? Also from what I understand, BW will be having jobs in other areas than only manufacturing, as opposed to MM or PP because it is Business Intelligence.Please Help me make a decision in this regard,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Amit .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are not very keen on leveraging your background, the decision should be based on going onto technical or functional roles. BW is a techno functional role where you need to know bit of both sides, but more on technical side.

PP, MM, SD are functional roles which need more business knowledge. APO is the best choice based on your back ground as it really take advantage of your knowledge in supply chain systems. PP also aligns with your back ground.

But other than APO and PP, you may not find much advantage for your background. SAP R/3 is a transaction oriented system where pure academic knowledge may not be much use. At the same time, once you are trained properly, you can work on any module.

Good luck.

Regards

Anil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are aware of SCM, you should target to get certified in ACM specific modules like APO - Advance Planner & Optimizer, etc. You can contact SAP Education Partner & they would do the necessary councelling.

Regds,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot sir.