cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Table - Column level cross-reference for impact analysis

0 Kudos

HI all

I am trying to find a system table which would identify all the development objects (graphical, script-based views, procedures) which would be affected, if a columns/tables is/are removed/modified.

As per research I have done on the systems view reference, the following tables come close but do not match the full requirement,

1) OBJECT_DEPENDENCIES - This lists all the dependent tables but do not give column level cross-reference

2) VIEW_COLUMNS - This gives the columns only present at the Semantic Node level, but do not give all columns present in the intermediate nodes.

Please let me know if there is any table/group of tables which would bind the development objects, table, columns to build a cross-reference report.

Regards

Ajay

Message was edited by: Tom Flanagan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Check the below:

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna for the response. But this still doesn't meet our requirement.

We need Field/Column level impact analysis.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

There is no built-in view that would provide you with a column level dependency information.

As a lot of dependencies in databases are dynamic (e.g. evaluated at query runtime) such a dependency analysis needs to happen on a data model level.

Using tools like would allow for exactly this kind of analysis.

- Lars

0 Kudos

Thanks Lars. I was hoping there would some system cross-reference table for column_level dependency information 😞

former_member185199
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe i am understanding something wrong here, but dynamicly at runtime generated things are not (easy/possible) to model in PD neither easy to analyse in PD if you can model them somehow?

Clarification much apreachiated

Dirk

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, the question here is to what "dynamic" refers here.

For example the existence of synonyms will change the dependency graph for an object chain and that might well be modelled into PD.

Completely dynamic object references (e.g. procedures with dynamic SQL) could in such a scenario only be coped with by considering every possible dependency as de facto present.

- Lars