cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In process Inspection scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the scenario is that, user would like to split a production order into two (i.e, Split order) so that the prod. order quantity can be split into two or required quantity and then following operations would proceed. So that half the Qty can be completed first and then the second half can proceed later. Inspection type 03 is active. In this case,

1. How would we split the inspection lot creation?

2. What would happen to the I Lots creation, as I lot creation under I Type 03 follows the routing and Production order?

3. Lets say Prod. Order is for 4 Qty with 3 operations. (If this QTY is split into 2 after operation 1) then how many I Lots would be created?

Thanks in Advance

Tam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tam,

If the production order quantity is 4, then as soon as you release the order, only 1 inspection lot of 03 origin will be created (containing 4 as lot Qty). If you have 3 operations defined in routing, then this lot will also contain 3 operations and you can record results operation wise.

Now, how may times the GR is declared is upto user. Say if you declare production 2 times here with 2 quantity each, it will create 2 material documents with 2 inspection lots of 04 origin but there would be only 1 inspection lot with 03 origin.

Would be great if you can elaborate how you are exactly splitting order and what is to be achieved. If you want, unless first 2 pieces undergo all the operations rest should not, then its better to have stagewise material codes in place. You can explore OPK4 for the controls that can be achieved for 03 lot.

Anand