Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC and Target System - Netweaver Plug-in

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Experts please advise.

Our GRC system is connected to multiple ABAP systems. Our target systems have different NW Plug-ins. Will this have any effect on GRC side or will it be fine?

GRC System Plug-in details

GRCFND_A - V1000 - SP13

GRCPINW - V1000_700 - SAP GRC NW Plug-in

All systems have below NW Plug-in

GRCPINW - V1000_731 - SAP GRC NW Plug-in

One target System has different NW Plug-in

GRCPINW - V1100_731 - SAP GRC NW Plug-in

Regards,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

It should not be an issue as stated by Sabita. As of SP10, GRFND_A component is backward compliant with any plug in component (GRCPINW) on SP10 onwards on 7.0 systems and below.

For the NW 7.31 components, the SP level numbers are different (i.e. GRCFND_A = 10, then the GRCPINW component for 7.31 = 01), therefore that may be causing some confusion for you.

It may be worth consulting some time with the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) for a clearer answer - https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/pam

Your basis team should be able to support you in investigating this also.

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

Actually Basis guy asked me for this

My Basis team raised a OSS message and got below reply:

Thank you for logging the incident on this issue.

I have understood that you have installed two different plug-ins

installed in two different systems.

Which version of GRC are you using I mean GRC 10.0 or GRC 10.1?

If you are using GRC10.0 (GRCFND_A 10.0) then the valid plugin is

GRCPINW V1000_731.

If you are using GRC10.1 (GRCFND_A 10.1) then the valid plugin

is GRCPINW V1100_731.

Yes, there must be some different on both plugins. Yes, you have to

use and install right plugin based on your right GRC base package.

Please let us know, If you need more info on this.

Does this mean GRCPINW V1100_731 is not supported for GRC 10.0 version? Actually we replied with the same query and also asked them to provide details if there is any major impact if we use GRCPINW V1100_731 in target system for GRC 10.0 with GRCPINW - V1000_700 - SAP GRC NW Plug-in.

Regards,

Sai.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

The plug-in (as SAP mentioned) should match the GRC version you are doing

So the V1000 is 10 and V1100 is 10.1

The risk of the plug-in having V1100 may occur in certain RFC calls where the GRC component calls the RFC to execute code in the plug-in system. Functionality that is new to 10.1 (or changed since 10.0) would be impacted if the code has been changed

What was the reason Basis installed V1100 on one of the systems?

Regards

Colleen

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Basis guy has installed V1100 plug-in by mistake in one of the target systems. Now to revert back those changes it involves lot of work for them as they need to take back up and system downtime also should be taken. currently UAT going on the same system and they will not get approval for it.

So, they are checking if there could be serious issues with this. Though we confirmed them that there could be issues, they wanted to hear from SAP about the same

Regards,

Sai.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Basis guy has installed V1100 plug-in by mistake in one of the target systems.

they are checking if there could be serious issues with this

I would revoke their access....

Prior to plug-in they should have taken a backup of the system. Surely, they should have realised this mistake sooner.

If you cannot get your Basis team to fix their "mistake" you are going to need to thoroughly test every aspect of the system integration (sync jobs, risks analysis, etc) wherever GRC calls the plug-in. Even then you cannot guarantee you will confirm everything works. No idea if this is easily done but have Basis or ABAP compare the plug-ins to see what the code differences area (probably not feasible).

However, if this is not rectified, you will be at risk of being in a position where SAP cannot support you. If you raise an incident due to issue and the cause is the plug-in version SAP will not be able to provide a solution for you.

At the same time, SAP has provided an answer. What was the Basis team reaction? If I was in your shoes, I would push back as much as possible for Basis to rectify this issue or you may be stuck supporting a solution with technical problems outside of your control.

Regards

Colleen

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

You are absolutely correct

I actually raised this concern in today's discussion with Basis lead and now they agreed to revert back and install the correct plug-in.

Hopefully they should be able to complete it soon

Thanks a lot for your insight in this issue.

Regards,

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sai,

Sorry for not realising the subtle component versions in the initial message. Colleen is absolutely correct with her responses.

The basis team should have been very careful with what components they installed in the plug-in systems. That would explain alot about the concerns you have/had.

Well done on getting the basis team to correct things (i hope that is the case after all the effort!)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmavathi,

Different Plug-ins should not have any impact as long as the plug-in SP level are compatible with GRC  Patch.

Different Basis versions have different SP level of compatibility. Please check and be sure it is matched.

Thanks,

Sabita