cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service call with Domain User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I need to consume a web service from an external application (Without using PI) however the external application requires a Username, password and domain to authenticate the communication between SAP and the external application.

I first tested the web service in SOAP UI and it works fine mainly because SOAP UI provides the domain as a attribute for authentication.

The issue however is that from SAP there is no "Domain" field (Only username and password) so keep on getting "Unauthorized" message when trying to create my logical port.

Have anyone connected to an external system where a "Domain" was required for authentication and if so how is it possible to connect an external application via web services from SAP if the Domain is required for authentication?  NOTE: This is without SAP PI.  

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your input, i have solved this issue.

I have debugged the ABAP code for the HTTP Client & Authentication and there is not a single point where you can pass a domain for authentication so this is clearly not supported by SAP at this stage.

Also found this note that basically supports the above.

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

What we did is to change the authentication method on the IIS to "Basic Authentication" with a default domain. This worked like a charm and I am now able to get a successful connection.

Kind regards

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wian - I think I am in a very similar circumstance to what you described in this thread.  You referred to a note and provided a link but I cannot get the link to open.

Do you happen to recall the note number?

Thanks and Best Regards - Jeff

attila_mikulan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Note number is 1441809.

Cheers,

Attila

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks again Attila!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.. Correct using SAP it is not possible to send.

Even I was tried for this many days but no luck. It should be in SAP.

Cheers

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wian,

If you are not using PI i think you are using the SOAMANAGER transaction to make automatically the proxy in order to do the connection. (Check this blog )

You can make the logical port with your domain in the user login (Configuring a Consumer Proxy - ABAP Workbench Tools - SAP Library) for example with manual configuration option:

Also in Transport Settings, you can set the computer name with the required domain to test the connection:

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the input however this is not the issue i am facing.

The issue is in the authentication, for example SOAPUI has Username, Password and Domain and the web services works fine if all 3 are provided.

However SoaManager does not have a domain field that can be used for authentication.

On your second comment "Also in Transport Settings, you can set the computer name with the required domain to test the connection:" How do add the domain to the URL? is this even possible? See below a sample setup of my soamanager and lets assume the domain is "MyDomain" how will this fit into the configuration below?

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wian,

Please send us a SOAP UI screenshot of the raw tab for the request.

Regards,

Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basic authentication is usually a part of the HTTP Header, can you check how domain is passed in SOAP UI Raw tab? Please also paste the screenshot here.

Regards,

Mark