cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot create the system using the PAR file in portal 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

As part of configuring the email connectivity in collaboration i have to create system object using the com.sap.netweaver.col.appl.gw Par file, i am follwoing the below SAP Link.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/46/38d346e9f34dfc92bfebacde85cd43/content.htm?frameset...

As Par files are not exist from portal 7.3 their is no option like System from PAR . with the help of below link i came to know i can create the system from PAR http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/45/26d6a3522b4c2de10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

But my problem is i am uable to find the com.sap.netweaver.col.appl.gw Par file in my EP server , i can see the war file.Can anyone tell me how can i proceed???

Please help me on this............

Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the mentioned folder is a template for an Exchange system. You cant adapt this to your needs? SAP Help must be wrong, I cant see "New from PAR" at all...

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes their no option like System from Par in 7.4. As i mentioned in the second link their is option to create the system using PAR directly in portal using the XML files, below is the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/45/26d6a3522b4c2de10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

But the problem is i didnt find the PAR file in my EP server...I can see the com.sap.netweaver.col.appl.gw.WAR file in EP server

Please suggest me how should i proceed.................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forget about PAR; its obsolete. What I asked you was:

In the mentioned folder is a template for an Exchange system. You cant adapt this to your needs?

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this the system object what you are talking about ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thier is no sytem object available in Portal content-->Content provided by SAP-->Collaboration

I can see the default system object in the following path portal_content/Collaboration_Integration_WebEx , But i didnt find the properties like sytem property in that above system object.

Is there any other way to create the system???pls help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Mahesh, I meant this one (content provided by SAP -> Collaboration):

I thought you could create a copy of that one and adapt it to your needs

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Lawrence,

I didnt find the system in the path which you have mentioned.Below is the screen shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bad news. You dont have anything with code link com.sap.netweaver.coll.appl.gw.Microsoft_Exchange_Server or similar in your EP at all? What SP you are on? Its a SAP standard object and should be there, as far I know

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawerence,

we are Using SP 5.1 for Collboration....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lawrence,

Can you please tell me what components do i need to install to get the Exchange System object in the my EP 7.4???

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you need this one:

Not sure about dependencies. You have this on your EP? Unfortunately I have no idea how to make a copy of a system object based on that. You dont have any objects with appropriate code link at all?

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i can see the com.sap.netweaver.coll.appl.gw inside the Portal application in my EP.

Can anyone please tell me how can i proceed????