Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find compressed data amount in HANA from studio

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a BW on HANA (550gb) system. Now my management ask to find out the amount of data which is in compressed mode. Is there any way to find out the total GB of compressed data from SAP hana studio or any other sql  query which will give the exact amount...

Another query from the below diagram

what is the difference between the dark green value and light green value (i mean to say amount 10.24 & 82.64). If  I am correct 147.64 is the total physical disk size.

Regards,

Jituda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jahab,

Q) We have a BW on HANA (550gb) system. Now my management ask to find out the amount of data which is in compressed mode. Is there any way to find out the total GB of compressed data from SAP hana studio or any other sql  query which will give the exact amount...

A) Here is the query to find the compression_size_in_GB per compression_type:

=> select compression_type,round(sum((uncompressed_size-            memory_size_in_main)/1024/1024/1024),2) as compressed_size_in_gb

from m_cs_columns group by compression_type;

Q) what is the difference between the dark green value and light green value (i mean to say amount 10.24 & 82.64). If  I am correct 147.64 is the total physical disk size.

A) TOTAL DISK USAGE: Is the total size of the hard disk of the host.

DATA VOLUME SIZE: The present size of the data volume of that service.

Regards,

Krishna

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna,

I will run the query and update.

Regarding my 2nd query still some doubt, there are 3 values right 10.24   ,   82.64   , & 147.64   can you tell me which one identify which.

Regards,

Jituda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jahab,

There are three main usage types of the disk

1)DATA(DATA,DATA_BACKUP)

2)LOG(LOG,LOG_BACKUP)

3)TRACE

and each of the usage type will be assigned a disk id, In a simpler way the total volume of the disk which is being utilized by DATA,LOG and TRACE respectively and this is represented in the "dark green color " which is different for the three of them, where as the the total disk usage and the total disk size will remain the same .

I thought i will jot down a query where you can see the total_disk_usage and the total_disk_size assigned to individual usage types

check this out:

=> select host,usage_type,round(total_size/1024/1024/1024,2) as total_size_gb,

round(used_size/1024/1024/1024,2) as used_size_gb from m_disks where usage_type in('DATA','LOG','TRACE');

Regards,

Krishna

Answers (0)