cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Unit - VLMOVE and Split Value Material Restriction - Note 1573066

0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem Summary

• We are facing an issue related Handling Units and the restrictions around transaction VLMOVE when working with materials with Split Valuation
  • The problem is specifically spelled out in SAP Note 1573066 (note details described below)

Example

• Handling Unit HU# 123 is created with contents of Batch "B1" and "B2" for Material "A"
  • When executing VLMOVE transaction movement type 309, we want to transfer Batches "B1"  & "B2" from Material "A" to Material "B"
  • Both of the materials are Split Valuation materials where valuation type is determined from the batch number
  • When executing and saving VLMOVE, error is issued described below (Error code M7044)

Question

• Has anyone ever identified any BADIs/user exits to overcome issues described in below SAP note 1573066 which would allow VLMOVE transaction to be used to perform Inv Movments (ie 309 movement) for materials with split valuation?
  • Any other workaround suggestions to allow this to be done within VLMOVE / HUMO tcodes?

Thank you

<removed by moderator, content must not be posted in public, there is a reason that OSS notes are protected>

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have time to explore that right now, but to help you as much as I can now,
I would advise you to try debugging and finding a point where the error is initialized,
then find an enhancement or user exit through debugging.

It's gonna be a bit hard overcoming this limitation if there isn't a note for that though...