Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "LDAP Server no activo" - synchronization of users with AS ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon

We need configure the synchronization of user accounts from LDAP to SAP server data base. For this we did the following:

In LDAP: it created a service account technician

In SAP we configure:

- It Created a RFC with name LDAP_CERT

- It Created a connector which make use RFC

- Configuration of system user, which is carried using service account technician created in LDAP.

- Configuration of server name where is provide the information LDAP: (Server Name, Host name, port, Protocol version, etc.)

- it carried the users mapping with the fields that going to synchronize from LDAP.

After carried the configuration, we test the SAP system connection against  LDAP and is there where generated error ‘LDAP Server no activo’

Attached the error image .

I will appreciate your help finding out what is causing this error.

Greetings and thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

davefitzgibbon
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

That error you see means that the directory server cannot be reached through the network by

the LDAP Connector. You should check that the set data is correct for host name and port and the network link is not blocked by a firewall.

Please review the online documentation on how to enable the LDAP in your system:

URL:     http://service.sap.com/security
Links:  "Security in Detail
           -> Secure User Access
              -> Identity Management"
Document: "LDAP: Directory Services"

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

Hi David

First, thanks for your response.

I want ask him if we should have other port  open in the LDAP Server additional of 389 , currently only we have open this port (389).

I will be attentive to your comments

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

Hi,

Port 389 is the required port for LDAP communication to the NW AS. 389 is the non secure port and 636 is the secure port for communication over HTTPS.

You should not open an additional port.

Regards,

David