Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Newly configured system doesn't show up in Maintenance Optimizer

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

please, I need a quick aid on the following issue:

I have just installed a brand new Java system with usage type Development Infrastructure.

As the system urgently requires installing the latest SPS available, I defined it in our Solution

Manager 7.1 SP10. I have installed the diagnostics agent, then I assigned it to the system,

I made the entire managed system configuration and everything is fine! Just when I started

the MOPZ, in order to calculate the stack, I found out, that the system isn't displayed anywhere!!

In the first step of the managed system configuration, I have created a new logical component

Z_NWDI. Reviewing transaction SMSY, I saw that this logical component is not assigned to the

solution, so I assume that this might be the problem. But I didn't find a way how to make this

logical component a part of our solution! I have checked all the setup in LMDB, and it all seems

to be perfect, I compared things for which I wasn't sure, with another Java system, which is

shown in MOPZ.

Many thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Add system in solution. 

That's it..

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

many thanks for your quick reposne! Unfortunately I don't know how exactly to add the system to my solution. If you know some good link with screenshots, or if you could describe the way to do it in detail, I'd really appreciate it!

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto SMSY -- System Group and Logical Components -- Solution Landscape -- Selection solution -- select system -- right click under system role field and put in solution.

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for your instructions, but I do not see it quite as you have described.

Kindly have a look at the screenshot:

I am selecting the solution, but there is no way to select a system - I only see logical components.

And what is more interesting - I do NOT see the logical component, which I have created for the NWDI!

Are you sure that you are talking about Solution Manager 7.1 ? Because my Solman is 7.1.

Thank you!

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right click on the type of system, for eg, if development system, the SID will be under development tab.

Right clock their, can click on put in solution.

Divyanshu

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SMSY, even in Edit mode, I only see Production systems in the combobox at the middle top of the screen. I somehow went to the NWDI system, but when I clicked on Edit, I got the following error:

Technical systems and databases are maintained in the Landscape

Management Database (LMDB) Technical System Editor.

To edit the system information in LMDB, choose OK.

Can we please kindly make sure once again, that you are directing me according to Solution Manager 7.1, and not to any earlier version ? Many thanks!

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

I am on SP10 7.1 and able to do that step.

Here, I am going to the system type column for eg Quality, under system name for eg. QAS, i am right clicking and slecting put in solution.

Refer:1907383 - How to setup and troubleshoot EarlyWatch Alert reports in SAP Solution Manager 7.1

1886742 - System ID was not visible in "Create" when trying to create EWA Session

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also try with below steps, if above not working.

Run Transaction Solman_Workcenter.

Select the Solution Manager Administration tab.

Click Solutions.

Either. 

Create a new Solution to add the logical component, or add it to an existing solution.

If a new solution...

Click on New.

Give the solution a name.

Set the Solution Data settings.

Now the Solution exists.

Select an existing solution that you want the System to be placed (can be the new one).

Add the Logical Component to the Solution.

If the system is other than Type Production then...

Go to change edit mode.

Right click on the SID, and select “Put in Solution” the cell the SID is in will turn green.

Save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

Still you are facing issue to access the MOPZ . did you tried my step to access the MOPZ?

why you try to create the solution?

Rg,

Karthik

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

I would like to express my BIG thanks to you! I have launched MOPZ from LMDB, exactly as you said. This way I have calculated the stack .xml file for SPS 12, I have downloaded the files and even implemented the SPS, so I can continue with the NWDI scenarios for configuration.

I am just trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with my Solution Manager, as it needs to be fixed. once again the summary of the issues:

1. MOPZ, called from Change Management does not show the new NWDI system, as well as the DEV and QAS system

2. In MOPZ, the listed products are wrong (NetWeaver 7.0) where it should say NetWeaver 7.3 EHP 1 for the BW landscape.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

Great.

check the whether SLD is having proper details.

how you link the system using solution manager SLD or any other SLD. if you use other SLD also please update teh CR content.

After the successful updation in SLD,

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/f6/a41e0402664451b9c4640ff4513527/cont

transaction SE38 and run the report RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM

.( it will delete the old data and re-synchronize from the SLD )

and select the below option and execute it. so it will delete and re-create the latest details.

once issue is solved. please close this thread.

Rg,

Karthik

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have analyzed the situation in SMSY further. I saw what you are suggesting (the systems are the most right column, which I had overseen!), but the problem is that I do not see the NWDI system there! The logical component, which I have created for it, is called Z_NWDI. As you can see from the screenshot I have posted above, unfortunately I do not see this logical component to be part of the solution! Please kindly let me know how do I assign the logical component to the solution ?

Many thanks!

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow this:

Run Transaction Solman_Workcenter.

Select the Solution Manager Administration tab.

Click Solutions.

Either.

Create a new Solution to add the logical component, or add it to an existing solution.

If a new solution...

Click on New.

Give the solution a name.

Set the Solution Data settings.

Now the Solution exists.

Select an existing solution that you want the System to be placed (can be the new one).

Add the Logical Component to the Solution.

If the system is other than Type Production then...

Go to change edit mode.

Right click on the SID, and select “Put in Solution” the cell the SID is in will turn green.

Save.

Divyanshu

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

COOL!! I was there just now! And did not figure it out! Check my screenshot, it looks very

strange, maybe I have some wicked kind of Solution Manager!

There is NO edit button. I have scratched out the SIDs, but the SID of the NWDI system is not there 😞

You can check the logical components - I cannot see the Z_NWDI component here.

You can see for yourself in the screenshot:

Please advise what to do, I am getting desperate... Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

Above shows are auto created solution using solman_btc user.

First create the solution in solman_workcenter -> system monitoring -> setup -> solution -> creation solution,

1. creation solution( enter solution name and enter it).

2. save solution

3.click solution directory -> open new screen

4. right side -> select system group

5. edit mode -> click logical component  -> select the Z_NWDI component from product.

now able to see the solution in Solution Manager Administration tab work center

Rg,

Karthik

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to transaction solman_workcenter then solution manager administration tab.

You can either select solutions or create a solution here.

Now assign a logical componenet to this soultion.

Goto smsy and there under system groups and logical components, right click and create a logical component.(SP09 and below)

In SP10 create logical components directly in LMDB.

Once created a logical component you can add it to a solution through smsy under solution landscapes (for SP09 and below) or directly through solution manager administration tab under solutions.

Also, while running Manages system configuration , you can Logical comp to your technical system

Also make sure you have required authorizations.

Try to check with other tabs in your current page.

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

many thanks for your advice! It brought me further, but things are still not sorted out:

1. I finally found out how to add the logical component to the solution in transaction SMSY!! There were many systems, that were not part of the solution, I did the right click trick and added them to the solution. This made them, lets say much more visible in MOPZ.

2. The thing is, that there are still systems, that are out of sync: For example, I have the products: ERP 6.0 - here I see all the ERP systems

and

EHP6 for ERP 6.0 - here I see all the ERP systems, without the production system!

I have run the report RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM, suggested by Karthik and specified the production system there, but it did not make any changes on how the systems look in MOPZ.

3. I have installed one more system, populated it to SLD and now LMDB doesn't synchronize with the SLD !!! I found that the job SAP_LMDB_LDB_0000000001 is failing, with the following entry in the log:

Starting synchronization from destination: LMDB_SyncDest1 (SLD SMP -> LMDB)

Source URL: http://solman_system.com:<port>/sld/cimom, source namespace: sld/active

Response from SLD: HTTP-Status: 401  Unauthorized - Invalid logon credentials or the user has not enough permissions

HTTP destination LMDB_SyncDest1 cannot be reached (http://solman_system.com:<port>/sld/cimom (sld/active))

Synchronization from this source system will be repeated by the next job

I have tried some SAP notes and solutions, which I found by googling, but nothing helps. I checked the trace of the work process, that executed the job - nothing! I checked the above URL - it works. I'm really stuck with this, please help me!!

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

I have run the report, but it did not change nothing in the way the systems show up in MOPZ. Please kindly check my detailed post, which I have published in answer to

Many thanks!

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

Did you check logging to SLD http://solman_system.com:<port>/sld/ ?

Also check for the authorization of this user.

Divyanshu

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for replying so fast!

Which user do you mean exactly ? I have changed SOLMAN_BTC from System to Service and I can login with this user in the SLD. Thank you!

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto in SM59 and test this destination.

If this is not working try with J2EE_ADMIN for test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

Go to solman_setup -> system preparation -> 6.1 select SLD -> entered the user credential not having enough role to access the SLD.

So please enter valid user in the SLD landscape description box and synchronize it.

Then go to 6.2 Setup LMDB -> deactive -> active again -> now  SAP_LMDB_LDB_0000000001 will schedule and check the log.

Did you using Solution manager SLD or separate SLD?

Rg,

karthik

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

first to answer your question - the SLD of the Solution Manager itself is being used.

I have done exactly what you recommended - just I do not understand what do you

mean by 'synchronize' in "enter valid user in the SLD landscape description box and synchronize it."

Otherwise, I did everything as you said - in point 6.1, the user j2ee_admin was set (do not ask me why ), it was red, showing the 401 Unauthorized error. I have entered another user - solman_admin and it immediately became green. I have reexecuted the job, but it failed with the exactly same error message. In point 6.2, there is an 'Advanced' button. When I click it, a new window opens, at the top of which I see again HTTP status: 401 Unauthorized.

Furthermore, in this dialog box, under Status detail, there is the name of the job, as a link. When I click it, I am getting an error:

Service cannot be reached

What has happened?

URL call was terminated because the corresponding service is not
available.

Note
The termination occurred in system
with error code 400 and for the reason Session not
found

What can I do?

Please select a valid URL.

HTTP 400 - Session not found

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

The URL being opened is;

http://solman_host:8010/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?%7etransaction=%2aDISPLAY_RFC%20p_rfcdes%3dLMDB_Sy...

Please advise on what to do now... ?

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

which destination exactly please ?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lmdb_syncdest1

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

I have checked that destination and it had again the j2ee_admin user there. I replaced it with solman_admin and it works now!!!

Thanks, man, you are AWESOME !!!

I can now define the new system in Solution Manager! BUT... MOPZ still shows the systems in quite a messy way:

- Under EHP6 for ERP 6.0 I can see all the systems, except for the production system.

- Under EHP 6.0, I can see all the ERP systems

- Under NetWeaver 7.3 EHP1 I can only see the BW dev. system, the production system doesn't appear anywhere! And yes, it is included in the Solution in transaction SMSY, as you showed me.

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

the LMDB issue is sorted out now. I have run again the RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM report, which you recommended me. Unfortunately, it didn't help, now in MOPZ:

- Under EHP6 for ERP 6.0 I can see all the systems, except for the production system.

- Under EHP 6.0, I can see all the ERP systems

- Under NetWeaver 7.3 EHP1 I can only see the BW dev. system, the production system doesn't appear anywhere!

Please help me to sort this out as well!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

Please check whether SAP_LMDB_LDB_0000000001 completed successfully.

Then go to LMDB transaction and check whether the system having latest details .

If not re synchronize technical system from SLD in Advance column.

Rg,

Karthik

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should goto LMDB and correct the product system with the correct system that you have in solman.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

For MOPZ not required to create the solution.

Open the LMDB - directly access the MOPZ like show below

or

open MOPZ and select the product version it will show the system.

Rg,

Karthik

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik and many thanks for your quick reply!

I'll break down my reply in 2 parts, addressing the first and the second screenshots, which you sent me:

1) I will try this ASAP, many thanks for your hint, it could be exactly what I need!

2) Exactly with this screenshot, you are touching another problem, which I am facing, first let me describe the situation with a few words:

We have 2 landscapes - SAP ERP with 3 systems - DEV, QAS and PRD and a 2-system BW landscape - DEV and PRD. At the moment, when we had setup the Solution Manager 7.1, those systems were at a quite old level: pure ERP 6.0 and NetWeaver 7.0. I have upgraded them to NetWeaver 7.3 EHP 1 and I have applied EHP 6 on the ERP landscape. Though after these upgrades, nothing changed in the Solution Manager - I still see the old product versions - ERP 6.0 and NetWeaver 7.0. Another thing, which I noted: in MOPZ, if I select the ERP 6.0 product, I can only see the PRD system, DEV and QAS don't appear there! I have tried to simply assign another product version for the BW landscape, but then it gave me an error, which I currently don't remember exactly, so I returned it to its previous value and decided to take care about it later.

Could you please kindly describe me what should I do in order to get this sorted out ?

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

synchronization issue in your solution manager from manager system.

Update the CR content in the SAP solution manager using below note

Note 669669 - Updating the SAP Component Repository in the SLD

Then goto managedsystem -> RZ70 and trigger the changes to SLD.

Also check the below link for Resynchronize Technical System Information from SLD

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/f6/a41e0402664451b9c4640ff4513527/content.htm

transaction SE38 and run the report RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM.( it will delete the old data and re-synchronize from the SLD )

Rg,

Karthik

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which system are you using as SLD ? Make sure your SLD is on highest or higher version with latest Cim and cr content.

Are your managed system data suppliers running ?

If not then start them ?

Also check LMDB n SLD synchronisation job and rank.

Make sure you are not doing manual effort on lmdb and smsy.

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik, it seems like I can launch an MOPZ transaction the way you showed me, I will continue with this tomorrow at work! Many thanks once again!

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik, you are amazing, you are replying in real time 🙂

When I was creating the system in solman_setup, it gave me a warning, that my CIM content is

quite old, so I went ahead and updated it even before defining the managed system, so that point

is done!

I had been trying the RZ70 trick already, shortly after the upgrade, but it didn't help.

I will try to run the report you have mentioned, then I also guess, that I need to synchronize the

LMDB from SLD, so I will do that as well! Thanks again! You are the king of Solman! 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

issue is solved?

Rg,

Karthik

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

yes, it is finally solved! Many thanks once again! I was just very busy and just now I am having time to go through the threads and update all the solutions. It was very hard for me to decide to whom to award the correct answer on this one! I apologize to you, but I finally awarded the solution to , because his answer covers how to make the systems appear in MOPZ and this is the answer to the question in this thread. But your answer on how to create an MOPZ transaction was really the one that helped me out very quickly, so I awarded you a few helpful answers. I hope that you are fine with that!

Many many thanks once again! You really helped me A LOT on this!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

Great, Just i am interested to know the fix for this big discussion.

Rg,

Karthik