cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve allInOne.js errors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're upgrading to CrystalReports 13 and .Net 4.5 in Visual Studio 2013 using SP9. Most of it was a breeze. The only thing that doesn't work is the integrated view in our website.

The knowlegde base article: Redirecting...

and the thread do not resolve the issue we're having.

The issue is that that the viewer is not visible. This is caused by errors (below the errors reported in Chrome, in IE it is something similar).

What am I missing?

The crystalreportviewers13 is available in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319\crystalreportviewers13

However, while debugging using IIS expres (in VS2013) the only way to get past the famous BOBJ issue is to copy the directory locally. Any tips?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Michiel

1. Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function allInOne.js:10
    1. TreeWidget_getHTMLallInOne.js:10
    2. bobj.crv.ToolPanel.getHTMLallInOne.js:12
    3. bobj.crv.LeftPanel.getHTMLallInOne.js:12
    4. bobj.crv.Viewer.getHTMLallInOne.js:12
    5. Widget_writeallInOne.js:10
    6. bobj.crv.writeWidgetcrv.js:212
    7. (anonymous function)ReportView.aspx:109

1. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of null allInOne.js:10
    1. Widget_initallInOne.js:10
    2. bobj.crv.Viewer.initallInOne.js:12
    3. bobj.crv.ViewerListenerallInOne.js:12
    4. (anonymous function)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realize this is an old post, but had a similar problem where the viewer was not being displayed.  Discovered an obscure post that suggested a conflict with prototype.js.  Removed it from the page and viewer behaved normally.  Hope this helps

0 Kudos

Interesting, any idea who owns that file?

Thanks for the update

Former Member
0 Kudos

prototype.js?  Prototype JavaScript framework: a foundation for ambitious web applications

We were using Scriptaculous, which includes prototype.js https://script.aculo.us/

This was an old application upgrade.  Use jQuery for most everything now of course.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this is a bit late, but I am chasing the same error and have found a clue.  My environment is the same as you described above and I  was getting the "Unable to get property 'style' of undefined or null reference" error.  I have determined the source of the error is the fact that my report was grouping on a field that contained the value "<Select>".  Apparently, the brackets around the word "Select" are causing the problem. When I filter the report to exclude records with the field = "<Select>" it works without issue.

Now I am trying to figure out how to have the viewer escape this value during rendering (which you would assume it would do anyway)

0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I tried it using an Access table and In Cr for VS SP 12 and I don't see the problem.

What versions are you using?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

13.0.2000.0 is the version listed in the project references.  Did you perform a group by on a column that contained the string value <Select> and insure that your treeview control was enabled?  In tinkering further with this issue, I created a different report file, uploaded into our system and it will work with value <Select>.  The symbols are indeed escaped, so I am starting to think this is an anomaly caused by the rpt file.

0 Kudos

I sure did....

Yes it could be due to some object in the report not being able to be "fixed".

You can try debugging it by removing parts, whole sections and see if you can find the cause. Otherwise typically it may be the rpt file is corrupt somehow and you may have to rebuild it.

Could be some update from previous versions had issues when updating.

That number is the assembly version, it never changes. the actual file version will tell us the exact patch you are on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

13.0.10.1385 is the version of the dlls.  In the meantime, I have been able to reproduce the issue on a new report, but have not yet nailed down the exact scenario to make to happen every time.  It seems there is some dependency on whether or not the report has the field in question in the detail section or if it is only in group heading section.  I'll continue to tinker with it.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Very strange.....

I wonder if this has something to do with the DB you are using? Or how you are connecting...

Do you have info on the DB for me, ODBC, OLE DB etc... and how is that field defined in the DB?

Possibly the Client is tagging the data in a strange or unpredictable way...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don:

OK.  I can replicate the issue.  I have a report that is pulling data from SQL Server using the OLEDB.  There is a column in the data view called "HedgeGroup" and this column contains a few values of "<Select>".  When you view the report in the web report viewer, omitting "HedgeGroup" from the details section, with 2 groups, "HedgeGroup" being the second group, the report displays without issue.

If you change "HedgeGroup" to be the first of the two groups, it fails.  I've been able to predictably replicate this several times.  It might be due to the fact that when "HedgeGroup" is the first group, it causes the value "<Select>" to be displayed in then treeview section.  I realize this is a very strange issue, if you want to setup a web meeting to see this, let me know.  Eric Ocampo at SAP has my contact information.

Thanks,

Greg Ellis

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two things to do:

1) Use SP 10 - this is the only SP to officially support VS 2013

2) Configure the viewer as described here:

Visual Studio 2012 Crystal Report not working on Windows Server 2012/ 0x800a1391 &amp;#8211; JavaScr...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek. Upgraded to SP 10 and configured the viewer as described. The errors in the browser remain exactly the same however. Any hints?

Thanks. Michiel.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that for now you are testing with IE only.

Uninstall CRVS. After that, look for the crystalreportviewers13 folder under

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319\

Delete the crystalreportviewers13 folder. Reinstall CRVS.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. After performing the reinstall as described no different results, alas. I also reapplied the (copy) steps to configure the viewer.

IE (still) reports the following errors:

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'getHTML'

File: allInOne.js, Line: 10, Column: 216741

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'style' of undefined or null reference

File: allInOne.js, Line: 10, Column: 87705

Could you explain what the source of these troubles could be? More hints on how to resolve them?

Thanks. Michiel

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure. I know early on, CRVS had issues with IIS Express:

1810196 - Visual Studio 2012: Crystal Reports WebForm Viewer will not work on IIS Express ( VS 2012 ...

However looking at the ADAPT referenced in the KBA, the issue was resolved in SP 7. What is the version of the crpe32.dll in the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86

See if moving your code to load to init will help:

1711114 - Error: AllInOne.js error while refreshing .aspx page

And keep your fingers crossed...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

crpe32.dll is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86

It has version 13.0.10.1385. I think this is OK.

The code was already in init. The page is reached using a page transfer (Server.Transfer) due to selecting the report and providing parameters for the report beforehand. So I think that part is OK.

Alas, the errors remain. I'll be changing to real IIS next.

Thanks. Michiel

Former Member
0 Kudos

A new set of troubles there. Since we're chasing a problem we don't understand and no progress has been made, we've decided that since the export to PDF works fine we'll be using an integraded PDF viewer like http://pdfobject.com

Thanks for your support.

Michiel