cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas - Textbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
I'm coming here because I've got a little issue with Screen Personas.

I'm trying to recreate the XD01 view and I want to had some textboxes in the tables. But the problem I encounter is that the value that I put in a textbox

disappear when I go to another tab and come back to the tab where my textbox is. And that of course doesn't happen with the SAP original textboxes.
Is there any configuration to be able to keep the value inside the boxes while navigating in the transaction?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The textbox isn't actually linked to any database field (or internal table for that matter) so when you navigate to another screen and back to your screen where your textbox is, that screen is then rendered and the field set to original state... empty.

There is no config to do what you ask, you will have to think about the process flow of the transaction you are applying Personas to and possibly collect the textbox value in a script (using the 'copy value' action) to prepare for whatever purpose you have for the text.

Without any further info about your process it's kinda hard to advise on the best course of action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your answer.
Just to let you know what was my case:
I was trying to simplify my XD01 transaction. And in that transaction, we need to fill some data in "additional data". For the end user, it would be easier to fill the data directly in the main screen instead of opening the "additional data" screen.
Thus I created labels and text boxes with a script button to populate those fields. But the problem was that when you navigate between the tabs, the data was disappearing (Quite confusing for the end user).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, then as suggested, use a script to copy the data from your custom fields to the additional data fields on the other screen, you can execute your script upon saving the customer by replacing the save button with your script button and include a save action at the end of the script.

Neil

Answers (0)