cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS connector on EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have uploaded the Business Package for DMS connector on EP.I am using SAP DMS with content server storage of documents.(KPRO)

How do i start using the connector to access the DMS from here on?Can anyone please advise how to customise the BP from here on.I can use the DMS in SAP ,i want to configure the EP server to access the business packages.

Regards

Ankan Majumdar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am searching the same informations like you. Could someonesend me this document to vm3405 @ googlemail.com, too?

Thank you,

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

can i have the document at kinverma at gmail.com. Even i am working on a similar requirement.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls send me too. I can use this connector in CRM 4.0 to store attachment to Km right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz send this document also through to me info @ webdesign-schwarz.de

Many thanks in advance!

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about DMS connector for KM? Because this is only designed to allow KM searches in the DMS repository but does not include any creation iviews.

Or are you talking about the PLM business packages which incorporate some DMS iviews in other packages like projects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I meant DMS connectors which would simply allow me to view the DMS documents using the portal i dont want to enable any other functionality.Simply viewing would suffice my requirements.

Please advise which one would suite my requirements more PLM or KM.

Regards

Ankan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viewing is the easy part, most of the business packages will allow for this (i.e. the DMS iviews in the Projects BP)

It also depends largely on how you want to look for the information...

Do you want to enable TREX (full text retrieval)? If so, do you have DMS connector for KM implemented and TREX installed and connected to the portal? If TREX is connected, have you setup TREX to crawl the DMS repository with the DMS connector?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

I am not able to follow what you are pointing me towards.

I have installed the DMS connector BP and want to connect to the ECC6 system and then start viewing the documents.Thats all .Can you advise on the method to start doing this?

Regards

Ankan Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if u dont want to chane anything and only want to view the documents, then you can go for Web DMS. It will generate web link and you can use it for viewing the documents through web.

regards

Sham