cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change period in Demmand planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a planning book. It displays 1 year in the past and 3 months in the future.

The standard of demmand planning moves the display window when changes the month (sy-datum), but i need to change the month when I want.

For example, today is 20.03.2007 and I have the period end closing, in my planning book I can see:

Past ==> 04.2006 to 03.2007

Future ==> 04.2007 , 05.2007 , 06.2007

Can I do anything (user exit, macro, etc...) to move de window and see?

Past ==> 05.2006 to 04.2007

Future ==> 05.2007 , 06.2007 , 07.2007

If I don't do anything the system automatically changes on 01.04.2007.

Thanks in advance

Raú

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

Please put Offset value of 1 in the Data View tab of the Planning Book Design (/SAPAPO/SDP8B). This will result in an offset of 1 month whenever you open the planning book in Interactive Planning. The value in Offset uses the future Time bucket profile - e.g. if monthly then 1 month.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

I have offset value = 1 in the data view, my problem is to move the window time another day different of first of each month.

Now I can see 04.2007 in my planning book because i have 1 in the offset and the first of appril i will see 05.2007, but i would need this changes before end of actual month, today for example.

Thanks in advance.

Raúl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean month end rollings you want on a perticular date rather than month end..right..

i think as you have monthly buckets, this may not possible...

Are you trying to test any macros now itself which are scheduled at month end ?...Do you want to simulate month end changes now itself rather than waiting till month end..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, i have monthly buckets, and y i want to simulate the end of the period.

I can not find any macro that open the next period before the end of this month, the system does this automatically the first day of the next period, but i can not wait until the end of the actual month.

Thanks.

Raú

Former Member
0 Kudos

so do you know which date you want to open the next month ahead??

why not create another new data view with the offset and use that if you want to simulate the next period

retain the current data view for actual planning purposes

if you want to do this in the same book with a macro then you can use some macros with function COL_VISIBLE() and COL_INPUT()based on the logic of what date you are on - you can use the macro DAY(TODAY) for determining that toot . This will emulate what the rolling of the months do = essentially to open the periods and to make a new month visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

Finally i had done a macro with REPORT_SUBMIT to insert an entry in a dbase table, and other macro with FM to read this table.

With COL_VISIBLE() and COL_INPUT() i got it.

Raul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have the same requirement....would you pls post your solution....if not give me the direction..

thank you

uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

Can you share with us the detailed code if not the logic you used?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To which table you are passing the date with report(program)...Is this the table on which the month end rollings based...

if you are able to change the date in DBtable, rollings will be done on reaching that date...why are you using col_visible() and

col_input() functions....

just curious to know....

0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

My only concern with this process will be performance. Are you seeing any performance hit especially if you load a large no. (say 50) CVCs and then drill-down by some characteristic.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirements are:

I have a planning book. It displays 1 year in the past and 3 months in the future.

The standard of demmand planning moves the display window when changes the month (sy-datum),

but i need to change the month when a superuser wants.

For example, today is 20.03.2007 and I have the period end closing, in my planning book I can see:

Past ==> 04.2006 to 03.2007

Future ==> 04.2007 , 05.2007 , 06.2007

Past ==> 05.2006 to 04.2007

Future ==> 05.2007 , 06.2007 , 07.2007

If I don't do anything, the system automatically changes on 01.04.2007.

And my solution is:

1.- Change future time buckets from 3 months to 4 months.

2.- Create in the superuser's planning book one macro with assigned pushbutton:

Closed period

New step (1 iterations)

REPORT_SUBMIT('Z_CLOSE_PERIOD')

When the superuser wants, can close the period before end of month, only have to click de macro button.

The program Z_CLOSE_PERIOD insert a entry in the tabla Z_CLOSE_PERIOD, one entry with 'X'.

3.- Create another macro in users's planning book, it runs by default:

check period is closed

IF

¿Close period?

ZDP_CIERRE_INTERMEDIOS( ) = X "This FM read from table Z_CLOSE_PERIOD

New step. 1 iterations (04.2007)

COL_INPUT( 0 )

COL_VISIBLE( 1 )

ELSE

New step. 1 iterations (07.2007)

COL_VISIBLE( 0 )

ENDIF

• ZDP_CIERRE_INTERMEDIOS() is a user function. SE37

4.- I do a new report to delete the entry of table Z_CLOSE_PERIOD the first day of each month.

I simulate the change of period since superuser runs macro close period till first day of the next month.

5.- The plannings books are drill-down by customer and material by default and the user not needs drill-down

by another caracteristic, also i have two macros to delete TOTALS and SUBTOTALS. Drill-down with this two

macros doesn't work.

Raúl.