cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the Windows OS Prerequisites for SAP Solution Manager 4.0 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Iam installing SAP Solution Manager 4.0 over Windows platform . I have started installation over Windows 2000 server with service pack 4 but in middle the sapinst gave message that said that

<b>" In your system one prerequisite for installing SAP SM 4.0 is failing and it is that for SAP SM 4.0 Windows 2003 server is required and you hv Windows 2000 server i installed. It showed the severity level as high of this."</b>

My question is that Can SAP Solution Manager 4.0 be installed over Windows 2000 server also or only windows 2003 server is required for it .Please revert back with the required Windows OS environment for installing SAP SM 4.0 as iam struggling with this issue. Requested to revert at earliest as this is very urgent . Also requested to send a supporting document for the same over my Email Id : reachme.saumya@gmail.com which shall clarify the requirement.

Regards,

somya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi soumya

Usage of win 2003 server(enterprise or standard editions) is appropriate . Also if you can provide me with the database details( oracle or sql) . I can provide you with more info. I have done this for both the environments.

thanks

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi soumya

The OS may be one of the following

Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition

-

-

I strongly recommend you to use the 64-bit version of the Windows Server

2003 editions. Also if you install SQL Server 2005, you must install at least SP 1 for Windows Server 2003.

-

-

Choose Start® All Programs® Accessories® Command Prompt.

Enter the command winver.

Make sure that the required fonts or code pages are installed.

-

-

You need to check that you are using the Windows File System (NTFS) on hosts where you want to install the

SAP system and database. NTFS supports full Windows security and long file names.

1. Open the Windows Explorer.

2. Select the root directory.

3. Choose File® Properties® General.

4. The system displays the type of file system in use.

5. Check that the file system is NTFS.

-

-

Provide me with the Pack you are installing SR1 or SR2 and database oracle or SQl

There are someissues in the SOLMAN 4 installation

1. Kernel Problem

2. Export DVD Problem

3. Binary order error

4. ImportMonitor. Lck

5. Import ABAP failure

6. Import Java failure

7. DB disconnect during install

8. Check DDIC password errors

Let me know if you have any questions

regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello kamal,

My database is Oracle 10.2 and iam installing SM 4.0 SR2. Plz revert back if SM 4.0 can be installed over Windows 2000 or only Windows 2003 is needed for it.Revert back at earliest.

Regards,

Somya

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to install SOLMAN 4.0 on Windows 2000. Please check PAM --> Database Platform. Even your error message clearly gives the supported Operating systems.

Hope this solves your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamal,

I started off the installation of SAP Solution Manager 4.0 over windows 2000 server ignoring the message which said as the prerequisite is windows 2003 server .....................................now during installation during the Java start up phase the system is giving error that it could not start the java service and the Disp+work Process gets stopped so due to whiuch the installation is stuck in between. Plz give me ur Email Id so that i can give u details of the error and if these all issues r occuring due to SM being installed over Windows 2000 and not 2003 . requested to revert at earliest as this is urgent.

Regards,

Somya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

I was busy with ECC 6.0 installation so could not check the messages early

Here is my ID kamalkiran1@gmail.com

thanks

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the following issue when restarted the SOLMAN 4 SR2 installation.

importmonitor.lck is locked by a process

Please tell me the resolution..

Thanks,

Amber

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Windows 2000 is out of maintenance (by Microsoft).

W2K3 is necessary for SolMan 4.0, also see http://service.sap.com/pam.

--

Markus