cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails sent on QAS - how to track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a strange but hard task at hands regarding emails sent by our QAS system that shouldn't be send.

In the last couple of days, some emails on the SOST queue were sent by the QAS system. Two days ago it was around 12h30 and yesterday it was around 12h30 and then again at around 17h30.

On SOST I cannot determine who was the user who sent the email (only who created the send request).

I searched with STAD for:

- transaction SOST

- transaction SCOT

- transaction SE38 (maybe someone could've executed RSCONN01)

- transaction SA38 (for the same reason as stated above)

- report RSCONN01

No entries were found...

Then, I searched on SE38 for the "where-used" list of report RSCONN01. SAP returned about 10 results, but none of those reports were executed during the time on which the emails were sent from the system (searched on STAD again).

I've now changed the IP address of the SMTP node on SCOT until I can figure out what exactly happened, but that is not a final solution.

Can you please help me on solving the mystery?

thanks

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with tcode SLG1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I couldn't find anything with SLG1. I've searched for:

thanks,

Antonio

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

The problem is: this has already happened. I need to find a way to find out who started the email sending process on the system...

Antonio

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Were you able to trace any mechanism to identify how the emails were tiggered?

We have a similar scenario in our case where twice in this week alone, the mails from QA system were dispatched. Someone may have executed it accidentally, but we need to track how, but, are unable to do so.

Activating trace for this purpose alone seems too trivial, but it is equally frustrating.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, it wasn't possible to track anything. Only by activating trace but it would only work for future emails, not those on the past....

So, can't be done

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try st03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

thanks for the answer. How would ST03 help me?

thanks

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Maybe also silly suggestion did you search in SM37 using RSCONN01?

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I've already tried that...

I need to find out who started the email sending process and how.

RSCONN01 was not executed, according to STAD, nor is on any system job (SM37).

thanks anyway

Antonio

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you not seeing it from STAD ?, infact SOST also gives From (SENDER)  and To (RECEIVER) email id.

is audit log [SM18/SM19] enabled for this system ? [Most probably no, since it is QA ?]

if so, then SM20 give you the required details for user and transaction code etc.

regards

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I have the From (SENDER) and To (RECEIVER) information on SOST...

What I want to know is who started the "send process" on SOST or anywhere else. According to STAD, no one was running SOST, SCOT, SA38, SE38 or the report RSCONN01 during the time the emails were sent from QAS, thus the mystery.

Also, SM37 has nothing with RSCONN01.

There are a few Z reports that call RSCONN01, but those reports weren't executed either...

I have no more ideas to try to solve this mystery.

thanks

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe there is another report besides RSCONN01 that can send the emails

on SAP?

Or some other technique, somehow?

As far as I know, only report RSCONN01 can do it... but there could be some other way...