Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ecc6.0 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello expert

we are using ecc5.0 three system landscape now we plan to upgrade to erp6.0

my question is can i install new system ecc6.0ehp6 as test/trainning before real system upgradation

now we hav'nt solution manager can we install one solution manager for all systems

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradnya,

Before performing an upgrade ensure that you have a solution manager system installed and configured in your landscape. Single solution manager system is sufficient.

Ideal approach for an upgrade is as follows

1) Create a sandbox system from a copy of PRoduction. Perform upgrade and test the environment.

Create TRs for the adjustments done

2) Perform upgrade on development. This development can be a new environment or existing one depending upon how much time is planned as a development freeze. If gap between development and PRoduction upgrade is more than a month then suggestion here would be to create a parallel development environment and perform upgrade. You need to create dual maintenance strategy here.

3) Either you may perform QAS upgrade or create a new QAS from Production once Production upgrade is completed.

4) Perform Production upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Installing a new system is not a problem but all new systems will be installed as a Unicode system.

If you want a training system which is similar to the existing landscape then do a system copy.

Regarding the Solution Manager, Yes you can have one Solution Manager for all the systems.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

my query is licenses for test system

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Licenses are required for all SAP systems and you request for a license here.

http://service.sap.com/licensekey

Regards

RB