cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to separate production cost and material cost of a component

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a product that has 2 phases one is FPC making, after that is the Assembly. We assign the FPC as component of the Assembly. The problem with this structure is that the the whole cost (processing cost and material cost) of FPC is accounted as material cost of the Assembly. There is no cost segration. We are now being required to structure our product costing sheet in a way that the processing cost of the FPC will be separated from the material cost when it is processed in the Assembly. Is there a way to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorosza,

What does this have to do with MII (Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence)?  This sounds like a regular SAP Manufacturing, or maybe MM, kind of question and nothing to do with MII.  If so, please respond and I will move this Discussion to the right community.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I apologize, I'm still new to this. Yes I gues I'm lost. Could you help me get to the correct space?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No worries Jorosza!

I am moving this thread to Manufacturing.  Once it is there, it may need to go to another community, but at that point the Moderator or Space Editor for Manufacturing will need to move it if it needs to go to either MM or PP community.

Cheers, Mike

tomasz_domanski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds more like CO to me - production controlling ot be more precise?

What I can suggest, not being CO consultant, is that, at least for planned cost achieved via costing, you can create different, flattened BOM for final assembly that would be type "Costing" and use it for cost calculation. Although, still the actual postings would remain the same.

BR,

Tomek