Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects - Task Approval & Mail triggering for deviation in completion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have the following scenario , Kindly help

Question No 1:

In a project, we have  nearly 10 phases and under each phases we have 10 to 15 task.

The scenario is like this

In phase 5, there are 10 task, each task is assigned to the responsible resources for releasing and completion.

Under phase 5, task 7 has to be approved by the project head only then task 8 has to be started. In the current

scenario, the user assigned with task 8 starts without completion or approval of Task 7. We want to have a control

on this . And also  help me to add  status as Approved or Review in the list of values of task status.

Question No :2

We want a mail to be triggered to the project head and to the resource of the task whenever there is a deviation in the

dates i.e finish date.

Soluions need  forthe above two steps.

We are on cProjects 4.0

Regards

Vidhyadharan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhyadharan,

Answering to your questions..

Question No 1:

In a project, we have  nearly 10 phases and under each phases we have 10 to 15 task.

The scenario is like this

In phase 5, there are 10 task, each task is assigned to the responsible resources for releasing and completion.

Under phase 5, task 7 has to be approved by the project head only then task 8 has to be started. In the current

scenario, the user assigned with task 8 starts without completion or approval of Task 7. We want to have a control

on this . And also  help me to add  status as Approved or Review in the list of values of task status.

Relationship between tasks are only used for scheduling purpose and not for any validations.So this does not work either in cProjects or PPM-Project management.

Question No :2

We want a mail to be triggered to the project head and to the resource of the task whenever there is a deviation in the

dates i.e finish date.

This can be achieved through severity based alerts where you can define the formulas for deviation and triggering mail.Refer below link for details.

http://help.sap.com/scenarios_bus2008/helpdata/en/c9/2269400185ca01e10000000a155106/content.htm

And you also need to configure evaluations in project type for automatic evaluations of project.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

Thanks for the reply.

Can i add the following in the Task status list of values

"Approved"

"Rejected"

Thru customization. Please let me the know the steps.

The answer to the question 2 . I will try and let you know

Thanks Ravi once again

Regards

Vidhyadharan

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhyadharan,

You can have those custom statuses as 'User status' at the task level. Status profile can be created in tcode-BS02 and can be attached to the object category 'Task'.

But you will not able to add/del changes in the 'System statuses', since they have lot of dependencies.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

Thanks for the response.

Regards

Vidhyadharan

i