Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory calender and Time stream calender - DP and SNP

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have question regarding Factory calender and time stream calender

i understand Factory calender is defined in ECC and CIF to apo for planning purpose in PPDS - correct me if i am wrong

and there is option to create Time stream calender and is used in SNP

here i am not so clear how factory calender is used in DP and SNP and how Time stream calender is used in DP and SNP

can some one explain

when and where Factory calender is used and how ?

when and where Time stream calender is used and how ?

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Factory calendar doesn't do much of anything in APO unless you want it to.

Factory calendars can be assigned to resources.  Resources in general can be used in both PP/DS and also in SNP.

Factory calendars can be assigned to Time stream calendar (but this is not mandatory).  Time streams can be used in both PP/DS and also SNP.  Two common usages of timestreams are to assign Timestreams to locations, or to Transportation lane Means of Transport.  Such objects can thereafter be used in any APO application, such as PP/DS or SNP.

In DP and SNP, it is possible (but not mandatory) to assign a Timestream to a storage bucket profile.  In this way all the data stored in the planning area may be based upon the data contained in the timestream.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

DB49,

very clear,case closed

Many thanks

Regards

Raj

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

DB49,

Even the thread is closed

just a quick question like say i used time stream calender in APO SNP and my Purchase Req pick the time stream calender while system create a PR and it is cif to ECC

but when i convert PR to PO does my PO will take factory calender in ECC or still follow the date and time of PR that created in APO with reference to time stream calender

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

In general (with a few exceptions) transaction performed in ECC use the ECC configuration and ECC master data (including the ECC Factory calendars).  If you want more info about a specific conversion scenario, it is a simple matter to set up a test scenario in your sandbox or dev system.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

A time stream is a table with generated time slots, which depends on the  factory calendar, working times and other possible factors.

In ECC you have the factory calendars to control your business process. They can be CIF'ed to APO.

APO is based on time series, so you need to create the Time Series (which are created considering the the Factory Calendars).

Thanks and Regards,

Mariano