cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS with Block Planning and Characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We would like to implement PPDS CDP with Block Planning and Characteristics for non configurable products.

The class and characteristics (018) were created in ECC and assigned to operations. Blocks with characteristics were created at work center level. We have valuation and block planning class at PDS level.

The plan orders created by heuristic respect the blocks. We are able to change the block with heuristic SAP_CDPBP_04 and reschedule them with the heuristic SAP_CDPBP_01.

Unfortunately we have issue with Enhanced Block Maintenance SAP_CDPBP_03 and Adjust and Reschedule Block limits SAP_CDPBP_02. The horizon was maintained at heuristics level and rescheduling option is on.

In Enhanced Block Maintenance I can adjust manually the block limit but the rescheduling function finish without any result.

Adjust and Reschedule Block limit heuristic finish with the message - No Blocks adjusted (new planning will not take place).

I would like to know what are the settings necessary at Block level, work center and strategy to can work with these heuristics.

Thank you, Marius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Finally we found a partial solution to work with Adjust & Reschedule Block limits.

The overloaded blocks are extended inside to the cycle limits. Unfortunately the blocks with free capacity are not shortened.

Does anybody have an idea why the heuristic is working for the extend but not for the shortened?

Thanks, Marius   

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Marius,

Could you share the settings you used? i keep getting the same error.