cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In CHaRM, the Developer has no authorization to 'Logon to System'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, I am trying to sort out the auths on SolMan Change Request Management, but I have the following issue:

- if I assign the role SAP_CHANGEMGMT_PROCESS or SAP_SOCM_PROCESS or SAP_SOCM_REQUESTOR, then the developer can approve the change request (Authorize Change Request), which you don't want!

- if you remove these roles (but leave the standard *_DEVELOPER roles), then the Developer has no auths to change the User Status of the message, hence they cannot do any Logon to System actions.

How does one solve this paradox? The standard SAP roles don't seem to cater correctly for my requirements. Only the Change Manager is suppose to Authorize change requests, but by adding the *_PROCESSOR roles to support desk personnel, you actually give them rights to approve it themselves. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not an expert, so correct me if i'm wrong

Developer role: SAP_CM_DEVELOPER_COMP

The developer is working with the change document and not the change request.

With the role SAP_CM_DEVELOPER_COMP he can change the user status of the change document, but not the change request.

Let me know if this is correct...

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's true, but it seems like with this standard composite role, they cannot perform the actions in the Change Document, like Logon to System etc. In the logs it mentions that it cannot set the status, or something like updating the log etc. I don't want to add the _PROCESSOR roles, as then they have Approve rights on the Change Request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernard,

We are using the SAP_CM_DEVELOPER_COMP role for the developer,which is working fine.Have you checked with both Normal and urgent correction scenario?Once a Urgent correction is in created state,a developer can change the status to In Development through "Action" icon and after that "Log On" will appear in the "action" list.

Make sure that the developer is haveing the proper role in the satallite system aswell.

Rever back for any clarifications.

Thanks and regards,

Avinash.