Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reply to a specific discussion

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SCN-Team,

when I try to reply to the discussion I get the following error message (in a nice red font):

An error occurred while trying to submit your post. Please try again.

And when I switch to the advanced editor, it tells me:

Please enter a title.

I tried with a simple "Test"-entry and got those results, too. Maybe it has something to do with the subject line and some special characters in the title of the thread.

Regards,

Steffi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you could ping the OP , he is able to edit his own post. And he should actually be most interested to fix the situation since he wants an answer.

You know, if you get an email and reply to this email, then the software automatically adds a Re: in front of the subject line. And since the OP used all spaces in the subject line, the system is not able to add this Re: and hence nobody can give an answer.

Probably the tragedy of modern times, he may never had a chance to read a real newspaper to know the difference between a headline and the article.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

D'oh! Jürgen to the rescue. Why didn't I think about pinging the OP?! I knew I couldn't pm him, but I forgot that option.

Thank you for the clarification! That makes absolut sense. Lets see, who is faster: one of the mods or the OP himself. *g*

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Probably the tragedy of modern times, he may never had a chance to read a real newspaper to know the difference between a headline and the article.

He's not the only one unfortunately

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good Morning everyone,

now it looks like the thread has gone into data nirvana, as it has disappeared. I'll close the thread.

Regards.

Steffi.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

two years ago I've had the same issue http://scn.sap.com/thread/3160999 also a moderator has the same issue but another user was able to reply. Probably it depends for some strange chars in the subjector has to do with the length of the subject as Reagan suggest.

Roberto

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I believe it has something to do with the length of the subject line.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is correct.

Its a problem with subject. OP has written a long subject. That's because no one can't post reply.

I've tested that. I've alerted moderator for the post. Once subject got changed by moderator, then you can post your reply.

If you want to test it, then just create a discussion with same subject and then try to reply your own discussion. You can't post your reply. Then edit your subject (short it) and then try to post a reply. your reply will be posted.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the additional testing, although I kind of already knew (and wrote) that the subject might be the culprit. ^^

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting thing is moderator has rejected my abuse report (which is correct) but still the subject is not changed.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've got time. ^^ Jitendra already pinged Jason, so someone will take care of it in due time.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The problem is with the subject line of the thread.

The OP didn't write the subject line properly.

RB

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

This happens very frequently for me. So i clear cache, cookies,and then restart the browser. Recently one of my colleague faced the similar issue.

Rgrds,

JK

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But I can reply to other threads (see? ), so that's why I didn't think of that thread. I'll try the cache thing etc nontheless.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, nope. Still the same error.

Could you please try to reply to the mentioned thread to see, if you have the same problem?

@Reagan: Well, my thoughts exactly. ^^ Now to fix it...

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

same issue with me as well

Lets hear from