cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experience downgrading LM-Service component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know this should not be done so let me explain why the question.

Some months ago I move to a different country and of course, changed consulting company. About three weeks ago, I was told to check why there is no rating on EWA's from a Solman Installation they did long before I arrived. As usual I checked solman_setup procedures (Solman 7.1 SPS 4) and found that IS EM was not connected and some other definition problems for Product and Tech systems under LMDB and SMSY.

The problem is that as this was done be a consultant that is no longer working with this company, they asked me to try to solve this using the lowest amount of time possible, mainly because this is cost for them.

After solving most definition problems I then tried to connect IS EM so I could configure the managed systems but I started to get 404 errors during the procedure because some web services were not found and according to SAP note 1822831 one of the reasons of this is because ST ABAP Component and LM-Service Java component are not aligned, so I did a check and in fact they are not alligned.

ST component is 7.10 SP4

LM-Services is 7.10 SP7

As I see it, we have to align this by going up to Stack 7 in ST component, that implies a complete Solman Update, or I downgrade LM-Services only because all other Java and ABAP components are in SP4.

I know this is possible but not recomended so I´ll like to know from any experience doing something similar, or your thougths about some other option that will not take much time.

My preference, as this installation is so badly configured would be to reinstall everything but my boss don´t want to spend so much time (and money) in doing this.

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

As i know, downgrade the LM-service is not possible .

check the below note for LM-service patch level for SP .

1483508 - Solution Manager 7.1: Root Cause Analysis pre-requisities

Better upgrade the system to latest SP level, it will solve the issue.

Also post the exact issue which you are facing.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your help.

The problem I´m facing in this installation is during Basic Configuration - Configure CA Wily Introscope, once I hit that phase the following errors shows up:

Cannot get the Logical Port for Web Service CO_DIAG_WILY_WS_MANAGED_SETUP, please complete the Setup

Web service configuration issue on host and port protocol : logical port name : LP_WS_MANAGED_SETUP

Could not ping web service on the solution manager java stack

Then when looking at SOAMANAGER for this service I get error :

Web service ping failed (RC=404). Service Ping ERROR: Not Found

That´s why I looked for the mentioned SAP note specifically for Solman. 

The problem is that EWA has no rating because the extractors are not defined for the Java stack.

Any Ideas?

Regards,

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the following sap note:

1752309 - Web service invocation problem caused by Unsupported xstream found ("HTTP Code 404 : Not F...

You can try, no harm in case of JAVA.

IF you can fully undeploy:

Undeploy LM-Service's SDAs using SDM and deploy the highest patch level for current SP level.

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the Note you suggested but had no luck.

For sure the best is to update everything, I´ll have to do it even when this is not the way we wanted to go from the beginning.

Thanks for your help.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that is the right way to fix such issues.

However, you wanted to deviate from normal course and wanted to do this, so I thought at least you should give it a try. I hope update is going to be hassle free and ongoing issues will be fixed with that.

Cheers,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

We will try to do this telling the client the best way to go is to do an update to their actual system so probably they will want to share the cost so the consulting company won´t loose much and client will get a better system.

Hopefully everybody will be happy enough.

Thanks a lot Divanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

welcome

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My recomendation Alberto is update the system, generate the Stack XML in MOPZ and update using SUM, then of that, you can start looking for ways to solve the problem or as is very very possible, the problem will dissapear with the update, SP4 is too old to the actual stack level of Solman and a lot of things and components released.

Recomendation: please update that system as soon as you can it will cost less time that try to downgrade.