Question about auto packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as i saw the post about auto packing in delivery

the config steps are described as follow

1) Create the packing Material In MM01 of material Type 'VERP'

2) Create packing Instructions from TA: POP1

3) packing Determination in POF1 ... for MM Condition type is RCPT and for SD its is SHIP. So create condition records here.

4) In Customization SPRO-> Logistic Execution-> Shipping-> Deliveries->Define Delivery Types

In Delivery, there is Check box for automatic packing.

First , i tried to create condition value in POF1 for SHIP as condition type and put my Packing instruction e.g. 233 into it.

but it wont work in my delivery e.g. LF.

secondly I tried to create in POF1 for ZVPA, with my Packing Instruction 233, and then it works in my delivery.

So my question is, the condition type for HU/ Auto Packing, how are they connected to my documents/ processes e.g. I use OR as sales order, and LF as delivery.

in the Picture below, i can see both condition type SHIP and ZVPA are using SHIP as acc.sequence. So which condition would be used when I create my delivery ? and how to configure that?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it seems in my system,  ZVPA works for auto packing and SHIP NOT, so any one can explain how it is defined ? and the other condition types in the pic , where are they to be used ?

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this defined in custo:

Click on maintain packing transaction profile and the select for instance 0002 Outbound delivery

Here is defined what procedure determination will be used in entry field Determ. proc. for pkg intrs

Then you define for this procedure what conditions will be available

Select the procedure determination you defined in previous step and you maintain the conditions

If reply answer your question close discussion <Text removed by Moderator for point begging. In addition to that discussion is unmarked as question, as this is encouraging point gaming and lobbying for points. Even both OP & "Star" contributor ignored Moderator comments. You both are advised to review SCN RoE and adhere them in your future conduct.>

Regards,

JM

Message was edited by Moderator: Jyoti Prakash

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joan mas

You have Good knowledge But 

and reward as per rules

.dont  ask points

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

I guess you've already noticed that people in the forum is becoming less and less grateful to the effort of people trying to help them. In the simplest way  a simple THANKS would be enough to avoid discouraging from this effort... but seldom happening.

Regards

JM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JM

Thanks for your contribution. Points begging or point gaming is clearly against SCN RoE. Therfore, even though OP awards you points that will unassigned.

Thanks Venu.

Thanks and regards,

JP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JM,

I understand your point!

In these type of venues, we should do without expectation of any returns, or else we will get demotivated and (many times) stop contributing.

Please remembers - Yours posts have been constantly appreciated by many, we know that posts with the initials of "JM" are with quality.

These appreciations are silent and might not reach you...but these are definitely there.

Typewriter

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

sorry for the delay, and thanks a lot !

pls allow me to focus on your answer first.

Based on my understanding , the determ.procedure "zcont"  is comparable to "pricing procedure" in SD pricing technique.

The pricing procedure can be determined by sales area + Customer Pricing Procedure + Document Pricing Procedure . Thus if i create an order, the procedure would be specified automatically.

However the procedure for packing now is assigned to profile 0002 Outbound delivery, then to which process or document is this "Pack transaction Profile" assigned, or how is one "Pack Transaction Profile" determined ?

or an example would be, if i create OR --> LF , profile 0002 and procedure zcont would be used, but if i create my new order type eg. ZOR1 ---> ZLF1, would also 0002 and zcont be used ?

secondly (the following part was deleted once) , I would say, I really appreciate that you take your time to provide the answer and especially making the screen shots. (even more than my question).

I think people like you make the whole forum active and attract more and more people to join.

So please do not be depressed, as "Typewriter" said, there are still many people do appreciate your hard work, maybe some are not "loud" enough to reach you.

Any way, thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Typerwriter,

totally agree!

but I think it would be nicer to say "Thank you" louder

Regards

Recke

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joan Mas sir

if my post hurts please excuse me ,, You sharing knowledge is very effectively reaching in Hearts

as per my knowledge Points will keep us in the forum Rating But what you are sharing continuously it keep you in us heart   ..please understand my post positively

Thanks

cheers

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JP,

If you place the moderator comments - reason for making this thread points-free - in the first post (OP's question) it would be more visible.

(for members coming to this thread)

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, JP,

thanks for the advice and keeping this forum according to the rule, I actually support the points of both you and Joan, pls just allow me to say thanx to all the helpful answers

regards

Recke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recke,

thanks for your comments. My smile is back.!

The assignmnent of the profiles is done by the system automatically and depends on the application (outbond delivery, outbound shipment etc,,,) you´re in and it can´t be changed. I guess, my guess, is that´s linked with the document category of the document you´re using.

If you create a new outbound delivery system will look for 0002.

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

no issues ! What´s really important is to try to help others.

Regards,

JM