cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City code creation in Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the requirement from our Sales and Distribution is to make the City code creation as master data in production.

During the feasibility checks I found that it is now being done through view V_T005G and then following the TMS (D to P).

Before I try to customize this, is there a standard tcode/way to maintain the city code creation directly in Production?

How it is being done in other cases?

What is recommended and what will be the impact if we make it as master data?

Thanks in advance, have a good day.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it is not possible to key in directly in production.  As and when you create a new City Code, a transport request would be generated which would then be moved to QA and PRD.  Still if you want desperately this data to be maintained without any transport request, then create a zee table and validate this field CITYC value with 4 numeric length.  As and when users create data here, in the background, system should update the standard table T005G.  But there is a risk involved in giving authorization to create without any transport request.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi.

I just created a "Z" transaction with new "Z" view and and maintained the object in SOBJ which resolved this.

Now using Z tcode team is able to create city code directly in Production environment.

Impact analysis was done by our internal team and they confirmed that it can be treated as master data (which can be done directly in production) and no impact with this change.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Answers (0)