cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign F4 Helps dynamically to input fields in table rows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for a possibility to assign different search helps dynamically at runtime to an input field of a table row. This means that the input fields in column 'A' of a table may have different search helps in different table rows, depending on certain parameters e.g. the value of another field.

The search helps are already existing dictionary search helps.

I know how to change the search help of the corresponding node at runtime, but not how to do it for each element of the node.

Is there any reasonable way to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Best regards

Armin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you 'rre on SP11,

you can use the function set_attribute_value_help of the info node of the selected

node

grtz

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right, but unfortunatly only for the whole node and not for single the elements of node independently.

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

In this case the only possibility you have is to use cell variants in your table, which bind to different attributes of your node.

Ciao, Regina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Regina, thanks for the hint.

Could you give me short hint how to do this?

Best regards

Armin

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

just have a look at WDR_TEST_TABLE. Here you find the dynamic implementation if cell variants.

The idea with this is that you bind the property "selected cell variant" of the table column to a context attribute (say: CV). If the attribute has a special value, the corresponding cell variant is used. You can create a cell variant in the column (use the standard cell editor). Here specify the value of CV, when this cell variant should be used. You may have more then one cell variants. The cell editor for each variant is defined as a subobject of it.

You should have a "normal" cell editor in the column for the case that the value of CV does not match any of the variants.

Ciao, Regina