cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide certain templates in the Project Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Is there any way that we can hide the templates like activity element, milestone, PS texts in the project builder.

As we are not using those templates we want to hide those as those are creating lot of confusions from the end users.

We have a requirement to hide it.

Any suggestions to achieve it will be helpful.

Regards,

Lohith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi...

in project builder please try menu Seetings->Options and then try to de-activate all object types that are not required..

Cheers

Panagiotis

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev/Panagiotis,

Thanks for your reply.

Your solutions helped me we can achieve it using your suggestions. But the changes is user specific is there a way we can do it centrally which will be reflected to every one and also if we can include in the Transport Request we can move the changes across the clients.

Will be awaiting your reply.

Lohith

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i thought this kind of setting is user own specific so can not possible to export in TR and moving forward into all system centrally,

but you can check with basis consultant if they can help you on it?

Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Kudos

Hi...Lohith...

you can use the following function modules to accomplish this (for all your users without having them make the changes on their own)

CNPB_W_READ_PREFS_FROM_DB

(needs the user id's to read preferences...)

CNPB_W_WRITE_PREFS_TO_DB

(in this one you change the preferences of the users to suit your needs, and the necessary indicators, like deactivate activity elements etc)

and also CNPB_W_SET_PREF_VALUE to change prefs for your userid (for testing it)

You can try in a test envinronment FM: CNPB_W_SET_PREF_VALUE and set values of parameters 09:activity elements (' ' or 'X') 10:materials etc....

(after you run FM in se37 goto CJ20N project builder to check on your userid's changes)

Try it and let me know...(we have done it for some users and it works)

Cheers

Panagiotis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Panagiotis,

I tried it but dint work..

Never mind we have concluded that we will assist users in using this functionality in the training.

So that they can do it on there own.

Regards,

Lohith

0 Kudos

Hi Lohith

i have checked it in my test system and it worked. Honestly i don't know what might have gone wrong in your system. Anyway..since you have come to a conclusion on training your users to do the change it will work perfectly. Besides that it is always good to engage users in SAP system rather than creating programs that will do the work behind the scenes for them...Good decision from your part...

It was nice to have your feedback.

Cheers

Panagiotis

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

ALT+S+O is short key for go to the setting option of project builder then remove object as desired and check same result will come as you required.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of hiding templates from cj20n. Why dont you go for field selection

Try OPUJ (Project Definition), OPUK (WBS Element), OPUA (Network Header), OPUA (Network Overview), OPUC (Network Details).

Else,

Maintain a Screen Variant through SHD0 and hide/display fields from there.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Thanks for your reply...

I have tried both field selection and Screen variant I could not achieve it.

Lohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you faced any error while doing so. ? Anyways, then its better to go with Panagiotis Solution.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I dint find those fields in the field configuration or in configuring the screen variants.

Regards,

Lohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya even I checked it too. Fields were not there. Thanks for updating it.

Regards,

Amit