cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Pallet Heights

Former Member

Hi

1. Can we set up putaway bin determination based on Pallet Height ?

2. The Pallets height being recived in warehouse is changed frequently

by vendor . Vendor sends different height pallets.

Based on Pallet Dimensions (Height)

How can we map this in putaway process ?

Thanks

VINOD SEDANI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"1. Can we set up putaway bin determination based on Pallet Height ?"

The standard knows the height only via a "classification", means HU types. What you find in our templates as E1 or E2, a one meter or two meter high europallet. That is not a fixed or real value, the system does not know if the E1 is 1,05 meter or only 95 cms high. But with this you can find bin type and this is part of the search strategy.

If you want to use the real height - have to build it.

"2. The Pallets height being recived in warehouse is changed frequently

by vendor . Vendor sends different height pallets."

If you can life with the HU types, you can enter or change the HU type during creation of the WT or in a workcenter in the staging area for goods receipt. If you want to enter the real height, you would need a workcenter.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen , need to check options provided by you.

martinprokop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

we are now in the same situation. We don't want to implement very complex Packing Specifications, we want to work with simple MARM and dimensions of the UOM's. OK, we are determined to develop our own logic to solve the pallet height.

But, what I don't understand in the volume check concept is this: If the target storage type is without HU-management, but still we create HU-WT to putaway there, system checks the capacity in the target bin considering only N_VOLUME (load volume of HU), not the G_VOLUME (total volume of HU incl. packing material).

It seems not correct to me. I would expect this when planning putaway with product-WT's. In this case it is obvious, the capacity in destination bin will be occupied only by product itself, without packing material. But in case of HU-WT I would always expect the destination capacity will be checked for the whole HU. This should not be depending on HU-management in the destination storage type.

Thank you

Martin