cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon pad issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP. Just installed the SAP GUI on my personal laptop for self learning.  I am not able to connect to SAP network nor the radio buttons to to edit and create connection are enabled in logon pad. Please refer the screenshot.I already set environment variable of saplogon.ini still its not working.

Please advice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harshit,

You are missing two things.  The saplogon.ini and a services file.  I would also highly recommend launching the SAP GUI console with saplogon.exe and not saplgpad.exe.  You will not be able to create any connection on the fly using saplgpad.exe.

There is also a desktop installation manual I would highly recommend reading.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit,

Just because you have the environment variable set for saplogon.ini & services doesn't populate the SAP GUI Console tree.  You either need existing content in those files or create it.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit,

there is nothing you just need to select connections in the logonpad after that those create edit button able to visible.

after created only you can move that connections to favorites.

Thanks

R@J...

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not in SAP Logon PAD.  This is a read-only version of SAP Logon.  To do this, he needs to use SAP Logon, not SAP Logon Pad.

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi matt,

Yeah yours correct, he needs to install the saplogon or he need to maintain the saplogon.ini file so that he will get the connections directly.

Thanks

R@J

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit.

With SAP Logon "PAD" , the user can only display preconfigured connection entries for SAP Systems within the tree that were provided by the SAP Admin. You cannot edit/create/delete them.

You need to install "SAP Logon"

Regards,

Eric Van de Catsije

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the advice.

I have already proper path of saplogon.ini & services files. Still the same issue. Here is a screenshot of variables set.