Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Material is Not Found in MDG7

former_member193063
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to search Material in NWBC : We are in MDG7

While during the search when  I give that Material Number : I am getting Error :Search object connector MDG_MATERIAL not found :

All Business Function which are required are already Activated ...

Kindly Please Let us Know what should we do to get search Material

Thanks

Nikhilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activating the business functions alone is not enough. You need to follow the installation guide. Here is the link for the setting up material search: Set Up Search - SAP Master Data Governance - SAP Library

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh,

Check with the Basis team whether they have created an RFC for TREX system or not which is the mandatory thing needed to start the ES setup in MDG.

Create a new Z Software component. Include MDG_APPL in Z software component.Now create connector for the MDG_MATERIAL model from ESH_COCKPIT. Once connectors gets created without errors in consistency, schedule it for Indexing.

If you want show some custom fields in the search criteria, you need to handle via Badi mentioned in the MDGIMG->General Settings->Data Quality and Search->Business Add-Ins->BAdI: Search for Data in Reuse Active Area.

Before doing this activity,

Define Search Applications->Maintain the data model MM along with the entity MATERIAL for search Mode ES in Allocation of entities to Search Applications. please maintain the "ES" as search mode in Configure Duplicate Check for Entity Types for Material.

This steps will resolve your issue.

Feel free to ask queries if any.

Best regards,

kaustubh