Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracing and Logging

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

I am working on JDBC adapter , randomly interface throwing sql exception in mapping, I would like to trace on and wants to check logs, can any body tell me the steps to trace on and where to check logs.

T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Please see the links below. These might be useful. Also remember to switch on the trace/logging level in your ICO.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

I am using Pi7.3 dual stack , it seems your link gives info on single stack, can any body tell me steps without using XPI inspector tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Have you run the Source payload through the message mapping to see why it is giving the error on Design?

Or is it only giving an error on runtime?

Regards,

Jannus Botha

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

As a I mentioned its random error, if I am sending 5 messages (with same content) 3 success and 2 errors with the below error:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'Getdata' (structure 'Record_1'): java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid string or buffer length

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok cool.

Everything is working but that is a data error.

What it means is that the you cannot insert those records into the table. It might be because of length or type etc.

Also have a look at how your message mapping looks after you run it through the mapping. It might generate the target structure incorrectly.

See if you are able to manually add those records to the database.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

No , its not the case, I am not writing but reading from data from data base by  passing same input in all 5 messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please send me a screenshot of the mapping.

You say you are reading from the database? So you are not tryning to insert records?

Please explain the entire scenario. That would help.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Mapping is very big I cant send screen shot, but I will explain scenario , its SOAP to mS access data base  synchronous interface , first request message will be send through SOAP request based on that records will fetch from data base using JDBC adapter the response is mapped to SOAP response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great.

You do not update the Access Table with a type of indicator correct? If so it might lock the entry and not let you read it, because you said that you are sending 5 messages with the same content?

What happens when you 5 messages with different content?

Think your mapping and config is good.

SOAP to JDBC - Tao Chu

Regards,

Jannus Botha

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

We tried with sending different inputs also the result is same ,all config and design are correct ,most of the time its working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Use XPI inspector to trace the error for JDBC receiver channel, XPI inspector will gives you complete set of tracing about the channel.

Please go through below link

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/01/12/michals-pi-tips-xpi-inspector--he...

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/03/22/xpi-inspector

Former Member
0 Kudos

if JDBC Receiver - you can include the additional parameter "logSQLStatement" in the advance mode and set the value as "true".