cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About BBPUPDVD and BBPMAININT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people,

I think I have a basic question for you...

I have may vendors defined in R3 in some Purchasing Organizations. And I have to transfer this information to EBP.

I know I can use BBPUPDVD to update the vendors catalog in EBP from R3.

If this vendor is related to 3 Purchasing Organizations, for instance, These 3 relations are transfered using BBPUPDVD?

For what I have to use BBPMAININT?

Thank you!

Cristiana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Working now! 😄

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Transaction BBPUPDVD -> is to maintain External business Partners in SRM from R/3.

Transaction BBPMAININT -> is to maintain Internal business Partners in SRM locally.</b>

<u>Please refer to the following links.</u>

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/56/54f137a5e6740ae10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/b8/92303fdcf66d37e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/56/54f137a5e6740ae10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

</b>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you a lot for your reply.

Let me explain a bit better...

My problem is:

When I enter in R3, in transaction MK03, I can see all the Purchase Organizations related to Vendor ABC.

When I enter in EBP, in transaction BP, role Vendor, click on "Purchasing Data", I can see a lot of Purchasing Organization in a combobox. Some of them are marked as "maintained" - What does it mean?

Afterwards, I can see some Purchase Organization in R3 that are not in this combobox in EBP.

How can I update this information about these Purchase Organization of this vendor in EBP?

I have to use BBPUPDVD or BBPMAININT?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ?

For Locally updating Business Partner details in SRM, you should be using BBPMAININT. BP transaction is not recommended in this case.

For updating existing vendors, there are lot of other options as earlier reffered in my reply. <u>Do read it carefully.</u>

BBPUPDVD is for vendors already uploaded in SRM form R/3 system. refer Transaction - SLG1 for Logs. Table - VENMAP stores all those vendors replicated from various R/3 systems with their logical system name.

Do let me know incase you face any issues.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

we are still using BBPCRM 3.0.

I'm using BP transaction only to see the Purchase Organization associated to this vendor.

I tried to use BBPUPDVD to update the Purch Org of this vendor. In SLG1, there is no error message. But when I check BP transaction, I cannot see the Purchase Org that were missing (they are still missing).

The problem is that in my Shopping Cart, the end user is receiving the error "Vendor ABC is not intended to the Purch Organization 123".

Thank you

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chirtiana

1) BBPMAININT is the regular transaction to maintain vendors, bidders and also to link vendors to purchasing organizations. You can goto Edit Vendor option there and in vendor tab, you can link to multiple P.org.

Only for P.org maintenance for vendors, you can also BBP_UPDATE_PORG

2) You can use BBPUPDVD to update changes in backend system

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer this OSS note.

Note 1026168 - Vendor &1 not intended for purch. org. &2

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

This note is not valid to my SRM version..

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christina

Did you try the Txn given by me above ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to use BBPMAININT but I'm receiving an error.

I think I have to add the role SAP_BBP_STAL_VENDOR to my user. (SAP Note 572810).

I will try....

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just remember.. You do not need to add it to your user. You have to add it to the attribute 'ROLE' for your user in PPOMA_BBP

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>What error are you getting ? Any authorization error or System error ?</b>

Try this

<u>Add SAP_EC_BBP_STAL_VENDOR (Single role)

and SAP_BBP_STAL_VENDOR (Collective / Mulitple roles)

to your role in PPOMA_BBP as well as the SU01 transaction.</u>

Regards

- Atul

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I repeat...

You do not need to add SAP_BBP_STAL_VENDOR to your user in SU01.

You just need to add this role in PPOMA_BBP for ROLE attribute

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody!

My problem was:

- The Purchase Organization was not active in ppoma_bbp.

- I put it as active (green) and after this I run BBPUPDVD to update this vendor.

- When I run the transaction BP, I can see this Purchase Organization in combobox as (maintened).

And now it is working!! :D:D:D:D

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can achieve though BBPGETVD. You can use BBPMAININT for extending to other purchsing org, defaualt communication medium, Vendor Org related data (email, fax, etc) etc.

Regards,

Shiv