Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account determination for vat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All of u

I have a query please solve

Process:While doing sales returns after 6 months then Account determination should be come  in 2 ways.

1.Normal return process account determination

2.VAT should generate new account determination How to configure it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all of you,

My query is Whenever we do sales return process after 6 months,

account determination will come as customer a/c credit to revenue a/c debit and here one more account determination has to come i.e vat a/c credit to customer a/c debit.

&& also while doing sales returns it should chek the date of reference document&&

for us we are using formula based,please give ur valuable suggestions..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am not sure that i understood your case.

but if you have a new tax code that is valid now and you have a return from your customer that refers to a billing document in the past where another tax code was valid, you have to use service retented date.

best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VKOA make a new access sequence which also has the document date (maybe of the preceding document) as a key.

make this sequence as the first sequence. ..so for the beyond 6 months cases, the new GL can be picked using this sequence.

if this is a one-off case, then you can explore the possibility of manual FI entry with the FICO team.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get a new G/L account for posting the VAT which is beyond 6 months.  Assign this in VKOA under Provisional account.  Now as and when sales return / credit memo  is created, system should validate FKDAT from VBRK and system date.  If it is within six months from the original sales made, post to normal G/L Account; else post to provisional account.

This you can try with USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMP

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Wheather we have to determine g/l accounts under vkoa or in excise g/l accounts.

I have so many tax codes in ob40,which should i take,pls give ur valuable suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

in the user exit which one i should select

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In OB40, since you dont have the provisional account option, I suggested to maintain in VKOA.  Of course, you need to take the concurrence from your client and Finance team on this point.  You can very well maintain two G/L Accounts in OB40 by differentiating the tax code. 

G. Lakshmipathi