cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to put // infront of file name in SAP SFTP receiver adapater

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How can we put double forward slashes(//) in front of the file name in receiver SAP SFTP adapter? The receiving SFTP server is based on mainframe with VMS  and for some reason the receiver system wants to have // in front of the file name.

I tried with all options of put // in the directory or part of the file name parameters in the channel,but I get following error.

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection SFTP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/SFTP failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: javax.resource.ResourceException: 4: Putting ./'//TESTFILENAME' failed.

please let me know,if there is a work around for this requirement.

thank you,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207892
Participant
0 Kudos

Usually filename schema will not allow you to put special characters. Please refer this link for restricts. Filename - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You may also try Run Operating System Command option to execute Unix script to add '//'

Could you please let me know the file type ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

File type is binary and I am thinking of using script to rename put // as part of file name.Some reason VMS/VAX systems have different file name schems than common OS like Window,Unix etc.