cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Access on SAPGUI 7.30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently upgraded to SAPGUI 7.30 from SAPGUI 7.10 on Windows 64-bit. Now, downloads to Access DB are no longer working. Looking at the files in the installation package, I see there are no executables for MS Access.  Is there an add-on to get this working again on SAPGUI 7.30?   

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

Check out SAP Note 169887 - Access: latest version for Release 4.6 and above.  I extracted the most current lines off of this note.

Build from April 16, 2014 (new version CS2013_46.MDB)

Classic menus are no longer supported in Office 2013 and have been replaced by a ribbon in the data entry tool. This ribbon provides all functions in the same order in which they appeared in the menu.

The new file CS2013_46.RAR has been attached to this SAP Note. This database contains the same functions as the version in CS2003_46.RAR.

Build from June 11, 2014

The system issues the error "EC-CS Offline Data Entry cannot execute the macro or callback function 'cmdset_path'." when you read in reported financial data or additional financial data.

What's your backend running?  Is it ECC 6.0 NW 7.31?

There is also core patch 9 available for SAP GUI 7.30 for Windows.  Depending on your desktop Microsoft OS and Microsoft Office release you might want to look into applying SapSetup 9.0.50.0.  It resolves some DOI issues.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Man thanks for the reply but you are a mile over my head.  I was not able to find or download the .RAR file. Not sure how it would integrate with downloading a report to MS Access DB. We are on SAPGUI 7.30 patch 4.  We are also on ECC 6.0 backend.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

The SAP Note 1442028 Matt Fraser identified has a good reference in it for newer Microsoft Office 2013 64/32 bit editions..

"

Desktop Office Integration (DOI)

Update: Up to and including patchlevel 6 of SAP GUI for  Windows 7.30 DOI did not support Office 64bit editions, only 32bit versions of Office were supported. As of patchlevel 7 of SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 DOI also supports the 64bit edition of Microsoft Office 2013.

To support the 64bit version of Microsoft Office, SAP GUI DOI is using the so-called "surrogate" approach (see below for more information). More specifically DOI is using the Windows standard surrogate called DLLHOST.EXE (the association between the surrogate DLL and the original file is done via the Windows registry). This means when you use the 32bit SAP GUI (there currently is
no 64bit SAP GUI version) and use DOI with 64bit of Microsoft Office, you will find a process DLLHOST.EXE also running in the task manager.

The RAR file to my previous post on July 30, 2014 is a download available from the actual SAP Note.  See image attachment.

Here are a few additional notes related to topic.

SAP Note 109952 - Access: Overview of available versions (offline data entry)

Access 2013 no longer supports the old Office menus. The version cs2013_46.rar implements the new Office interface (also known as "ribbon"). You cannot use this version in Access 2003. The function is the same as cs2003_46.exe.

SAP Note 722513 - Desktop Office Integration: Maintenance information

Desktop Office Integration (DOI) (BC-FES-OFFI component)

SAP Releases 6.20 - 7.40
Microsoft Office 2007 - see also SAP Notes 972579 and 1012985, which contain corrections for DOI with Office 2007.
Microsoft Office 2010 (32-bit) - see also SAP Notes 972579 and 1012985.
Microsoft Office 2013 (32-bit): As of SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 patch level 3 - see SAP Notes 972579 and 1012985.
Microsoft Office 2013 (64-bit): As of SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 patch level 7 - see SAP Notes 972579 and 1012985, as well as 1442028.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Windows and Office do not both have to be 64-bit.  In fact, typically one installs 32-bit Office on 64-bit Windows.  The reason for this is that 64-bit Office has some significant limitations, and so it is really only intended for a limited audience of users with very specific large dataset spreadsheet requirements.  95% or more of Office users will never need that, and so Microsoft strongly recommends customers to install 32-bit Office, even on 64-bit Windows.

SAPGUI is much happier with 32-bit Office, and it's also much happier with the desktop versions of Office, i.e. Office 2010 or Office 2013.  It is not compatible with Office 360, as such, as that is an 'online' version.

Also, much of the Office integration was improved in later patches of SAPGUI 7.30, especially for 64-bit Office, should this be what you have.  I strongly recommend that you update to the latest patch (I think it's pl9 now -- we are still using pl8 hotfix 1 in my organization).

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Access/Office?  Also, what is your patch level for your SAPGUI installation?  There were some Office integration issues fixed in the patches.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on a 64-bit os so am assuming Access/Office is also 64-bit. We are on SAPGUI 7.30 patch 4.