Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Duty on Goods receipt

sunil_dev5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have an issue that I would like to resolve.

Out user created a Purchase order for a material with qty of 1Ton.

In Goods receipt he entered qty of 800 KG and excise duties for the entire qty of 1 ton. We consumed 200 KGs from the 800 KG that has been received. Now he want to receive remaining 200 KGs, How do I process excise duty for these 200 KGs as the whole amount was entered in previous receipt. Can we enter Zero amount for remaining 200 kGS?

Please advise.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

If the goods are received twice from the vendor then the vendor will issue two excise invoice against the respective. If you want to post single excise invoice then refer the below links

Multiple Goods Receipts for a Single Excise Invoice - India - SAP Library

Regards,

Bhanu

0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu

This will not solve the issue, as excise is already gone wrong with earlier MIGO, and another entry will not have excise values.

Then we can not pass on the same to our customer while invoicing. Please advise

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you have already entered the complete quantity and duties during first GRN, now select NO Excise entry during second GRN for qty 200 KG and your problem will be resolved.

0 Kudos

PO was for 1000 KGS.

In First GRN, user received 900 KGS and posted entire excise amount (For 1000 KGS).

Now if he does GRN for the remaining 100 kGS, should he select No excise option?

0 Kudos

This will not solve the issue, as excise is already gone wrong with earlier MIGO, and another entry will not have excise values.

Then we can not pass on the same to our customer while invoicing. Please advise

0 Kudos

Yes, since you have already entered the full Excise invoice qty during your first GRN ask your user to Select Refer Existing Excise invoice option in MIGO. Could you share your Excise item tab screenshots from MIGO transaction.

0 Kudos

Can you please explain on the business you have.

" Billing the customer " ? . is it like your business buy goods and sell to customer ( trading business)

What ashok mentioned is the best practice.Please explain your specific business scenario.

regards

manu

0 Kudos

We have a sales office in India and we import products from our affiliate in Thailand and then sell to the customer.

When user entered GRN, he entered 800 KGS as received qty and posted entire excise amount that was supposed to be for 1000 KGS (Ordered). After receiving 800 KGS we shipped 400 KGS to the customer. We received remaining 200 KGs and now while doing 2nd GRN, we do not have excise duty to enter as it was already posted through 1st GRN. My question is How can we enter GRN for 200 KGS without excise duty as its already posted with 1st GRN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have already booked excise for 1 ton earlier now while doing gr for 200 mention "Only refer Excise Invoice" and mention the earlier Excise invoice.

Check if this helps.

0 Kudos

Should I choose following option while doing second GRN for 200 KGS? This is what I see in ECC 6.0

When I choose this option

Following error message appears

Please advise.

0 Kudos

You can choose No excise entry and post the GR w/o excise.

why because against the PO all the excise is already captured and post.

To your question-Think -  If you post the excise again , it will be wrong right? . Becasue say excise is 100 INR and you already posted 100 with your 800 Qty . Now with your 200 QTY you post say 20 INR . Total excise will be 120 instead of 100 .

Hence we have suggested you to post the GR w/o Excise.

talk your User or better talk to the excise/FI  expert there . They will explain to the user if he is not convinced.

regards

manu

0 Kudos

First check whether the full qty and full Duties are updated in J_1IRG23d register. You can check the J_1IDEPOTSTOCK1 report as well. If the duties updated for full qty. Then Perform GRN with Option Create RG23D for Existing Excise invoice. If required, change the message the warning and check the tables and report once again.

If not possible, Choose No excise entry and check the tables as well J_1IDEPOTSTOCK1 report.

Since the Excise invoice status is already posted, it may not allow you to refer the existing excise invoice. Anyways choose No excise entry and post J1IG if required.

You have to run this scenarios in Dev server or in Sandbox and test the system behavior in each case and proceed accordingly.

To avoid such cases in future, use J1IG transaction for Depot excise invoice receipts.