Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Table Rebuild and Synchronization in work manager 5.3

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to rebulid the complex table XYZ  when the data has been changed .Table_refresh parameter for the complex table XYZ is set to 720 in config panel where the complex table would be refreshed for a month. During this period the data in XYZ table has been changed or new data has been added but the table will be refreshed only after  a month.Is there any way to refresh the complex table when ever there is a change in data without beign controlled by table_refresh parameter and exchange mechanism.

I know that we can implement exchange mechanism for the scenario to get the updated data or added data to complex table.Rebuild where the complex table would be completely rebuild on the client.Records in complex table ranges in thousands.For the above scenario which method would be beneficial  either exchange mechanism or rebuild.If rebuild please suggest the modifications to be done at java,front end definitions.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

For the type of scenario your  describing i think it better to implement exchange mechanism.

Reason being :

a) It is standard  proven  method to impleemnt delta sync based on records  changed in the backend.

b) You don't to  build entire complex  table each time record is changed which could  have  performance impact.

c) Any logic you implement using Table_refresh parameters to load complex table based on records changed is not standard method and you will end spending lot of time implementing changes and it is not proven method.

Thumb rule is use data table for SAP confguration type of  data which doesn't change that frequently and complex table for SAP  master data and implement exchange mechanism to  take care of delta changes.

Refer https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49376  for additonal details.

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49376

Thanks

Manju