cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie: SAP .Net Connector 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed SAP .Net Connector 2.0 and MS Visual Studio .Net 2003. I cannot start any VB.Net projects with SAP .Net Connector 2.0. I already search and printed out some documentation on SAP Connector. The problem is all the documentation referring to SAP .Net Connector 1.0 and Web applications. It seems like the version SAP .Net Connector 1.0 and 2.0 configuration is totally different.

Anybody could help me by providing any sample projects on:

1. Connecting to SAP Server

2. To call RFC from the VB.Net

3. Write data from VB.Net to SAP

Thank you.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Documentation for Version 2.0 is contained as integrated Visual Studio help. You can print it from inside of VS. Samples (including VB) come with the package and are installed to %programFiles%\SAP\SAP .NET Connector 2.0\Samples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner

Thank you for replying.

Yup, I have checked under %programFiles%\SAP\SAP .NET Connector 2.0\Samples. I kinda blur because I dont know where to start. There is no step-by-step guide on how to connect SAP, get RFC or BAPI and so on.

The samples, some producing errors. I used only the VB.Net not Web application.

Then I created a my new project then add-in the sample VB.net application only and hope something would work. Then it gives me connection problem. I tried to change the connection but it does not work. I do not know where is the problem.

Somehow I hope somebody would teach me how to use SAPLogonDestination, SAPProxy, BOR and in VB.Net.

Thank you.

regards.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the documentation: SAP .NET Connector -> Overview -> Client Programming -> Client Programming Tutorials and Samples (you can also use this URL: ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/SAP.NCO/NCOV2Docu/overview/Client_Programming_Tutorials_and_Samples.htm )

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFC_CUSTOMER_GET is not contained in many systems. I recommend to play with a simple function that is similary easy to use.

Try : BAPI_FLCUST_GETLIST (or BOR class FlightCustomer, method GetList).

If this also doesn't exist in your system, you can allways play with "RFC_FUNCTIONS_SEARCH". Semantically this is completely different (it doesn't search for customers, but for functions), but it exists in every system and has a similar syntax to RFC_CUSTOMER_GET.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner

Yup, I got it. Thanks.

I created my own RFC then passing the parameter. It works.

Now, Im checking on something else. How to add data from textbox, datagrid and send those data through RFC?

Do you have any samples on that?

Thank you.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just wonder how do I print reports from VB.net using the SAP data.

Using 3rd party software? I try to find inside this forum but I cant find one regarding printing reports from VB.Net.

Im doing a system on Counter Collection where customer come and pay their bills. After they paid, I need to print out a receipt for the customer.

How do I print?

Thank you.

regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner

Thanks for the reply.

I got 1 problem when doing the below samples :

-

Check the documentation: SAP .NET Connector -> Overview -> Client Programming -> Client Programming Tutorials and Samples (you can also use this URL: ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/SAP.NCO/NCOV2Docu/overview/Client_Programming_Tutorials_and_Samples.htm )

-

I do not have the RFC_CUSTOMER_GET. How do I go around with it?

Most of the examples I found also pointing to the RFC_CUSTOMER_GET and I cannot proceed to see the results.

Could you help me on this? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards.