cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristics not generated planned order if Lot Size mismatch between PDS and product master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Experts,

I have encountered the issue as if the Maximum lot size value of product master is greater than PDS maximum lotsize and the demand is more than the PDS lot size in some time buckets then SNP heuristics is not generating the SNP planned order from that time bucket and not throwing any error also in job log and application log. If I change the maximum lot size of product master less than or equal to PDS lot size then SNP heuristics is generating the SNP planned order. This issue is not able to identify from the heuristics application log or job log. I have checked and not able to identify any of the OSS note to get capture this issue as part of application log or job log.  If any SAP OSS note is available to get this error captured in heuristics application log or job log?

Thanks & Regards,

Sundaram Radhakrishnan.  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are expecting SAP to provide every type of message if someone creates invalid master data?  Good luck with that.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

If it is the master data issue then it should capture as part of error handling. Please refer the below two examples heuristics program is generating the logs for these type of inconsistencies issues.

Example 1 - If the time periods of Time stream which is used as shipping calendar, receiving calendar...etc is not extended as per planning period then the same got captured in the Heuristics job log as Data inconsistency:Time Stream XXXXXX no longer in data base table"

Example 2 - If any time series inconsistency, then heuristics application log is showing error as "planning object could not be determined" .

Like above examples, in this case also Heuristics program is not generating any proposals because there is an inconsistencies in lot size. So if any OSS notes available which consider these type of inconsistencies as part of error handling in SNP Heuristics program.

Regards,

Sundaram Radhakrishnan. .   

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There aren't any note as far as I know.

You should be able to identify such products by Supply shortage alerts. Basically you should see alert, If the quantity to be produced is allowed as per Master data lot size but not allowed as per PDS/PV lot size, SNP will not plan and that week, there will be supply shortage.

If there is no PV/PDS/PPM for inhouse produce product, system/SNP will create planned order without source of supply. but this is not the case, if you have Quota arrangement or PDS/PPM or any other source of supply but not matching the Product Master data.

The solution should be 2 ways: 1) by supply shortages 2) Manual -by taking data dump and comparing the data between Product Master and PDS lot size.

Also note, rounding value also plays important role here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

Thanks for your information. I have manually compared the PDS and Product master Maximum lotsize and identified the location products for which the product master maximum lot size need to be change and advised the same to business. I created one Oss message to SAP for not reflecting this error as part of heuristics job log and application log. I will share the details once I receive from SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Sundaram Radhakrishnan.