cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Web Dyn Pro Java Application in EP 7.30

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to execute a web dynpro Java program every day at a specified time (Like a SAP ISU Batch program). Is there any probition in NWDS 7.30 to schedule a Web Dynpro Java Program

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you deploy a wd java application, then it will be started automatically, or if it is in stopped state or stopped manually, it will start up again at first invocation of the application.

I assume you rather mean a specific action inside a wd java application that has to be triggered periodically.

If yes, then you can achieve this using the TimedTrigger UI element you can read about more at

TimedTrigger - Developing Java Web Dynpro Applications - SAP Library

Regards,

Ervin

0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your reply.My requirement is i have to send pdf daily via email which is create in a path.

Can I use this Time Trigger UI element in that case.

Regards,

Amit

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that won't help u.

what's version of your nw?

if it is 7.1+, you can java scheduler api

if it is < 7, you can schedule job in km

0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Thanks for your reply.I have NWDS 7.30.There are any way to schedule a web dynpro java application in NWDS 7.30. I have tried also ejb module and success on that.But there have a problem that is i have to call a RFC in my program and that rfc return some output and based on that output i have to send mail in daily basis.I can not call a RFC in ejb module.

Please help.

Regards,

Amit

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can put jco code in your ejb

no worry......

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wdj is supposed to be opened by human...

cannot be scheduled

you just put the code you want to execute in your ejb

0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Can you please provide some reference code or link to implement jco code.I don't know how to use RFC in ejb module.Please help me.

Regards,

Amit

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Java proxy classes for the JCo are captured in my blog, whose link is attached below:

Try it.

Regards,

Sharath

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just a small note, on JEE environment you should probably choose to use JCA/JRA instead of jCO directly.. it won't change much, but JCA/JRA should be container managed - will be more future proof.

@Amit: your requirement is probably incorrect, and they want some functionality that is embedded in the WDJ Application to be executed in a scheduled way.. if so, the above should do it for you, code into an EJB and schedule using the JEE.. if not, if you really need to use events and far too much of the application, then I would suggest you having a look into Quartz + a Selenium Driver script to fire it up.

Hope it helps,

D.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you guys for helping me.My problem is resolved now.

I made a EJB Module and under this take a Scheduler job.Using jrfc.jar connect to SAP.

In the NWA->Operations->Job here i has been scheduled my program successfully and it runs fine.

Thanks to all of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Possible solutions:

You can try using java scheduler from NWA , but it wil need atleast onehuman interaction.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2665

or may be use of Asynchronous views

For RFC, you can write an helper class inside your application.

Or if you can use BPM for this. You can write your custom code on Boundary event, which will do all the work you intended.

Regards,

Nikhil Joshi

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Amit,

As ervin specified he has given wonderfull  hint ...that is only way we have to the far best of my knowldge .

The above specified applicaiton which you to call daily at specific time, put it in a method , and using a timed trigger event you can call this method periodically , it solves your requirement .

put it in a method -- means that application (functionality) you can code it in a method and call that.

Regards

Govardan

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but who is going to call that wdj application to start the trigger?