Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aviod Common mistakes on SCN

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators

I have been seeing all the times ,the members will cross the line of border "while asking".

Most of the times which can happen with New members--Some times by Old members too(due to tension/Seriousness on their issues/Lost temper)

Can you do one thing to avoid such common Mistakes:

1.Can you keep Rules of engagement as mandatory for new members with the Questionnaire(may be they can complete within a week days from joining date as limit)

2.You can send the same  to senior members with a time interwal of 1-2 months.

Note: Here normally all the guys which will scroll to down--activates the flag "i understood this rules"--then proceed & again meeting with mistakes.

To Avoid this--why dont you prepare a Questionnaire on common mistakes and keep it compulsory to get 95% as pass..

May be you can add one window/Tab  in the respective individual SCN accounts--shows the status.

Just an idea--Hope it works.

Sorry to take little liberty here.

Phanikumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl check this

I had shared similar views through this blog. I'm not sure about the Idea place so please check and share the link if it is there.

ntn

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here is one idea: http://tinyurl.com/k5t8oaa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing.

i was not aware this idea came in year 2010 itself.

To Mr Jurgen: sir--i was new to this Idea place in SCN from your link.

But why it was not came into practice since from 4 years.

Any way you know the best--no comments here from my end.

To Lakshmipathi sir: Thank you for your time.

I success fully pulled you here from your regular way of answering.

On a lighter note: Thank God Mr typewriter is not here-- otherwise he will say i copied this thread.

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would categorize the members in two ways

1. One group of members are not aware of forum rules and once Moderator advice them suitably, immediately they accept their ignorance and adhere to forum rules
  2. Certain group of members are aware of forum rules but still continue to ignore SCN rules

Predominently most of the members will fall under first category.  Some will fall under second category.  Since the second category are creating trouble once in a while, I can say, the current SCN rules / practice holds good

G. Lakshmipathi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are hundred thousands SCN users who use SCN as desired even without having read the rules. For those our rules are just common sense, maybe because good breeding. Only very few march to a different drummer. And again a few of them are resistant to any guidance.

And they are actually causing most of a moderators work during the day.

As you asked the moderators directly.

The moderators cannot do much, they can just address your wish in the moderator council and can ask if this can be made available. And then there is still the software which has to be able to accommodate such requests. I think there is even an idea in the idea place for that.

I doubt if that would really help. Any rejection mail has already the link to the rules. So they get already the message and have to read it.

But if those rules do not fall onto fertile ground ....