cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria inventory of iOS devices does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

we have an issue with our Afaria server.

It looks like that for devices which are rolled out after the update to ios 7.1.2 no inventory is done. With inventory I mean the collection of information about the app versions, carrier, sim number and so on. All devices which have been installed before May, have done the collection.

Do you think this is an issue of the iOs Version or ist this a configuration issue of the Afaria Server?

I hope you can provide some help. We need to do a report of a special app installed on the devices including the version. Whne we run the report, we don't get the data of all devices. This is where we recorgnised this issue.

We don't use the Afaria Cloud edition, we have an inhouse installation.

Regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your information.

The issue was fixed after I installed Hotfix 09 for Service Pack 4. Before we were on Hotfix 04

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Did you setup the iOS schedules under settings??

Device Refresh is need for your inventory data to come back in 🙂

BR

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Peter,

thanks for your fast reply. Yes I checked if the iOS Schedules are setuped and they are. I saw that the device refresh was set to run once a week. I changed it to more often. But even once a week, the data should have been collected from the new devices.

Could it be, that I have to install the Hotfix 09 for SP4 to get it working again? In the past, it had worked wth the schedule once a week.

See attached picture.

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some additional information. I run the inventory schedule manualy. No device data from devivces which has a  first connection with the server later then April 2014 were collected. I think in April, the 7.1.1 iOS was released?

Devices which had the first connection with the server before this time have the inventory information available. It is not possilble to see if the information are udpadet correctly but my opinion is not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are your devices still under MDM ? can you push apps or new settings (webclips?) to your devices ?

BR

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this works. I made a change to one of the policies which are linked to the devices and this policy change was successfully pushed to the devices.