cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Cost Planning (SAP) in Tender Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 4. I wanted to know if Easy Cost Planning in SAP PS can be used to cost a project initially while Tendering process.Or is there any other tcodes in SAP for tender process? I created Costing Models for most of the possible processes in a civil project and included the labour cost,equipment cost and material cost in it.By this way can we proceed implementing SAP in our tendering department.Looking forward for your valuable replies.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go through the following link. May be it can help you. Just go to the page 16 of Business Process Documentation. I think it caters ECP with tendering process. You can also have Configuration Guide and Scenario Overview.

756 – Tender Process for Engineering and Construction

You may also refer the following thread too.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

ThankYou for your replies. My requirement was fulfilled. Closing this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

SAP has easycost planning objects available to cater to it. Process starts with inquiry.

1) Create inquiry for customer request. Define service material in material field in VA11

2) Create Project copying closest executed in part ( you have said 70% is engineered fresh, then project is 30 % correct at the time of copying)

3) Amend project to add/chnage/delete components & network activities. Add miilestone payment you wish to propose in quotation.

5) Add project no in inquiry (Accoutn assignment in Line item )

4) Use DP81 traxn to create quotation.Easy-cost planning need to be configured to calculate price( Cost+ mark up scenario possible) There are possibilites to pull as many deatils as you wish in quotation ( As line items) from project structure. It is possible to list major assemblies that will be delivered to customer( Make- To - Order variations). It is also possible to replace Service item used in inquiry with 'Material masters' of FERT & itemization in Quotation. Milestone dates from project will be copied you can propose % billing arrangement at each date to customer.

5) Able to revise quotation seamlessly & resond to customer changes/addtioal request. Revised quotation reflects your ability understand customer request & changes are seamlessly reflected in qty,  total price & dates.

6) Upon confirmation of Sale, Sales order can be created copying quotation. All hard work/ iteration of commnucation with customer , need not be defined in system again. Order Acknowledgement will reflect agreements with customer.

SAP E C & O best practice has few more addtion for Civil project ... how to measure % completion based on Mortar used & daily output of cement mixing. That will help,

Regards,

Jatin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richu,

Just to give you a very simple answer, yes you can use ECP for the Tendering process in a project.

In addition to this there are other options available in SAP with which you can even create quotations using PS and convert these to Sales Orders later.

I would suggest you to explore more on this and you will find all the relevant information.

Regards,

Gokul